Cushman & Wakefield for Sr. Property Accountant in Seattle, WA
At a client site, the Senior Accountant provides oversight and direction regarding the primary accounting, bill payment/processing, financial support, and, as needed, administrative/clerical support for the on-site Facilities Management team. This position is expected to work closely with the Facilities Manager and is responsible for maintaining and updating financial records using databases, spreadsheets, and accounting systems that track expenditures, cash flow, and other financial activities. This position has a high degree of discretion and independent judgment, and may supervise and direct the Accounting Coordinator and may act as an inside consultant on finance, accounting, and billing matters.
- Prepare GAAP based financial reports for multiple cost centers monthly.
- Prepare special financial and analytical reports quarterly and annually.
- Prepares or oversees the data entry of all invoices for entry into the accounting system. Verifies invoice accuracy, coding of invoices and allocations for submission to property management and manages associated record keeping.
- Develops and maintains the records of financial transactions for the assignment. Verifies, allocates, and oversees the posting of details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Oversees the preparation and submission of documentation for expense reports and variance process and obtains necessary approvals and checks for accuracy and accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Responsible for the preparation and compilation of reports and analysis to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business. The Ensures the maintenance, updating and efficient summarization of applicable ledgers and computer files/reports.
- Supervises Accountants and Accounting Coordinators.
- May be responsible for the oversight of other accounting, reporting, and record keeping functions as assigned.
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of commercial finance or accounting experience is necessary, preferably in commercial real estate.
- Must have the ability to work independently, exercise judgment and discretion, supervise and direct others, and function as an inside advisor or consultant to C&W and client staff on finance and accounting matters.
- Good working knowledge of GAAP to produce monthly financial reports. Must be able to analyze financial results to provide variance explanations and effectively communicate the results to the team and the client.
- Prior experience with automated accounting systems is necessary. Any previous working experience with YARDI system is a definite plus.
- Must be able to create detailed accounting and analytical reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Must be able to present information and analysis effectively and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast-paced environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, and a genuine career opportunity.