SOFTWARE ENGINEER Job Description
Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our Information Management Services (IMS) team in Weston, FL. IMS supports several initiatives’ for Ultimate Software including Business Process Management, Payment Services, Enterprise Data Warehouse, and World Class Services. The selected individual will be responsible for creating web services, and standard reusable components utilizing Business Process Management (BPM) software. This person will also work on other development needs for the payment services division and other business areas.
Among our many companies and product awards, we earned “Best IT Department” in 2007 from the prestigious National American Business Awards Organization. We are also the first HR/Payroll SaaS provider to earn the ISO/IEC 27001 certification and join the ranks of fewer than 60 U.S. companies to make it! If you are a qualified Software Engineer who would like to be a part of our team, please apply online today!
- Lead and drive team members to develop all projects to exceed industry best practices
- Lead and participate in code and design reviews and create corresponding technical documents
- Complete unit and integration testing
- Complete assigned programming duties, reporting progress to senior staff and managers
- Communicate successfully with different teams.
- Provide problem analysis and resolution in support of existing applications and projects
- Assist in developing project estimates.
- Assist in resolution of day to day issues that arise concerning IT
- Act in helping senior staff, analysts and management keep track of projects and project plans
- Assist in the preparation of time and cost (T&C) estimates.
- Must be clear and concise in written and oral communications
- Must be open to feedback of seniors when being mentored and in turn, assist in the mentoring of Associate Programmers
- Responsible for adhering to all relevant ISO ISMS policies and procedures
- Keep projects and initiatives in motion and delivered on time
- Execute responsibilities with an understanding of the product vision, strategic objectives, and priorities
- Develop using agile methodologies
- 2+ years’ experience in service-oriented architecture (SOA) design and the tools associated with implementing these capabilities
- Experience following Agile development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Has in-depth knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Critical thinking, creativity, and independent judgment are expected
- Develops system documentation, technical user guides, policies, procedures and guidelines for system operations
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Ability to interact with other departments at all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand system functionality and architecture at a technical and business level
- Ability to identify and prioritize technical system and application issues on time
- Experience with SalesForce.com development platform, APEX or other workflow tools a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline highly preferred
To apply for SOFTWARE ENGINEER Job: http://tinyurl.com/6kvexfq