CocaCola: Principal Tax Accountant – Atlanta, GA
The position within the International Tax Compliance Area has as one of its primary areas of responsibility the analysis of tax consequences associated with annual distributions of over $1 billion from foreign locations. The exposure and experience gained will be rewarding given that business is done in over 200 countries. This also includes analysis concerning various regulatory filings; responding to various IRS audit inquiries and a variety of special projects. Teamwork is essential to achieve goals efficiently. This position requires someone who is hands on, is eager to learn, and enjoys detailed analysis work.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
Function Specific Activities:
- Assemble and organize data for analysis during return preparation.
- Analyze financial information to prepare journal entries.
- Prepare and analyze tax accounts to ensure compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Company policy.
- Review tax accounts to ensure compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Company policy.
- Prepare and verify journal entries and/or financial reports to ensure that the tax accounts are accurately stated.
- Provide tax guidance on billing, reporting, and accrual issues to ensure that tax is accounted for appropriately.
- Administer basic accounting processes for assigned area to reconcile accounts and balance reports.
- Collect, analyze, and determine appropriate information form data/inputs to support tax returns and audits.
- Review current and proposed federal, state, and local tax laws, statutes, and regulations to assess current compliance levels forecast future compliance issues and evaluate their financial impact.
- Analyze transactions for potential impact on Company tax liability and advise affected departments of potential consequences
Principal Tax Accountant Qualification
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Professional Certification preferred.
- Professional Experience: Six (6) years related general tax experience required; Preferred 2 out of 6 years work experience in international tax.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Establish relationships and work effectively with internal individuals/parties to meet one’s commitments effectively and efficiently.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information on time.
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
- Communicate status of work to appropriate parties to keep them informed and involved.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with external individuals/parties (e.g., customers, bottlers, consumers, communities, government agencies, vendors, suppliers) to create opportunities for the Company to meet financial goals.
- Build and develop relationships with peers and others to exchange feedback on product/service issues, identify and/or solve problems, assess needs, and/or achieve business results.
- Communicate with peers and others to exchange feedback on product/service issues and to solve problems.
- Protect the Company and all Company information against unauthorized disclosure, eavesdropping and legal exposure.
- Remove tactical barriers and obstacles (e.g., insufficient funds or resources) that keep or could keep work in your area of accountability from being completed as committed.
- Build an understanding of the customer/client needs and expectations within your area of accountability.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with the parties concerned to stretch appropriately and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate the passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential.
JOB TITLE: Principal Tax Accountant
SPECIFIC LOCATION: US-GA-ATLANTA-AOC-OFFICE
JOB TYPE: Full Time
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 10%
RELOCATION PROVIDED: No