CIGNA for Tax Accountant in Bloomfield, CT
We seek the most talented and creative minds in the industry to develop innovative solutions our customer’s value and expect. CIGNA is committed to recruiting, developing, motivating, and retaining a diverse workforce representing the best and brightest both inside and outside of our industry – a workforce that reflects our customers and the communities where we operate.
Role Tax Accountant Summary
- Assists in providing state and local tax compliance services and federal compliance services to assigned business segments and related subsidiaries and operations.
- Participates in the preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns and filings.
- Participates in moderately-complex portions of the year-end consolidated tax package which support the provisions reported in external financial reporting. Prepares special projects, including work on routine audit requests and research of moderately complex tax problems/issues.
- Works in close collaboration with team members and legal entity contacts.
- College degree with a concentration in Accounting.
- 0-4 years tax/accounting experience.
- Exposure to a variety of software applications, including spreadsheet and tax compliance applications.
Tax Accountant Major Duties
- Prepare state premium, sales & use and personal property returns, estimated payments, respond to notices received from taxing authorities, and other relevant activities.
- Make some state income & franchise tax returns and associated estimated payments
- Support was accounting for state income taxes and premium taxes, as appropriate.
- Participate in the management of state income tax and appropriate non-income tax balance sheet and P&L accounts, including preparing estimate-to-actual calculations.
- Conduct tax research, as appropriate.
- Support state income and premium tax audits, as appropriate/necessary.
Tax Accountant Salary Benefits Work Schedule
CIGNA offers a competitive Tax Accountant compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.