Bonneville Power Administration: Accountant – Portland, OR
A successful candidate in this position will serve as an accountant responsible for independently planning and conducting a variety of general accounting activities. The candidate will analyze accounting systems and modify and adapt conventional accounting and analytical techniques to execute general accounting transactions and solve a variety of accounting problems. The incumbent will use judgment to adapt guidelines to specific cases or problems and/or to interpret a large number of varied policies and regulations.
- SALARY RANGE: $61,737.00 to $80,259.00 / Per Year
- OPEN PERIOD: Monday, March 30, 2015 to Monday, April 13, 2015
- SERIES & GRADE: GS-0510-11
- POSITION INFORMATION: Full-time – Permanent
- Analyze accounting systems and modify and adapt conventional accounting and analytical techniques to execute general accounting transactions and to solve a variety of accounting problems.
- Represent Accounting, Accounting and Reporting, Finance, and the BPA in conferences and meetings with other BPA co-workers, federal agencies, external auditors, private industry and public groups in efforts to obtain all viewpoints regarding proposed projects or project changes and to assure concerted action by all parties involved.
- Independently identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with financial data or processing of data within the integrated system.
- Prepare, record, and document non-routine, recurring, and complex accounting transactions; prepare and/or review recurring accounting transactions; prepare and/or review General Ledger account reconciliations, and prepare financial information to support internal and external review.
This position has a mandatory education requirement (see Basic Requirments). You must furnish a copy of your transcript of college work completed (unofficial copy is acceptable). Transcripts must include the name of the college or university and date the degree was conferred. Non-submission will result in you being rated not qualified for the position.
- Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term “accounting” means “accounting and/or auditing” in this standard. Similarly, “accountant” should be interpreted, generally, as “accountant and/or auditor.”) OR
- Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant’s background must also include one of the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that
- (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining;
- (b) a panel of at least two higher-level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and
- (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant’s education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
To apply Accountant Jobs >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=b40da562f3c25838