Ameriprise Financial for Financial Advisor at Regional Sales in Minneapolis, MN
In a career as a Financial Advisor in the Ameriprise Advisor Center (AAC), you will be responsible for contacting and interacting with current and prospective clients via telephone. Through these interactions, you will build deep and meaningful relationships that will result in the retention of existing and acquisition of new customers. As the relationship is established, you will recommend and sell products and services to help our clients maximize their financial resources to meet their financial goals.
You will join a high performing team that offers a comprehensive, team-based selling atmosphere. Ameriprise is committed to your development and success and, as a result, you will participate in a structured, results based training program. This program is designed to help you develop and improve knowledge, skills, and abilities¿ all to help you be successful and advance in your career as a Financial Advisor!
- Develop and deepen relationships with current clients via the telephone. This includes developing rapport and having needs based discussion to engage customers to understand their short and long-term financial needs (e.g. life events such as retirement, education, risk tolerance, income, estate planning, cash and liability management, etc.).
- Acquire clients and develop relationships with own personal network and centers of influence; includes leveraging personal relationships and branching out in the community to generate prospects, as well as leveraging those in the center of other personal and professional networks.
- Analyze clients personal financial data and situation; provide client-centric solutions and recommendations based on the best interest of the client resulting in the sale and service as agreed to by the customer. Incorporate regular touch-points throughout the year to track the customer’s progress vs. goal and when appropriate reallocate resources or investments to keep the client on track.
- Manage work/time to optimize client interactions. Includes: preparing for sales calls to customers, placing outbound calls to existing clients/prospects, setting and holding regular (quarterly) meetings with current and prospective customers, gathering and documenting information to ensure compliance requirements are met, facilitation of appropriate business processes and the monitoring of interactions and next steps.
- Engage in on-going professional development to increase industry, product, sales and servicing skills and abilities. Maintain all appropriate FINRA/other licenses and requirements up to date.
This Financial Advisor position offers a competitive total compensation package, including:
- A competitive base salary with bi-monthly and quarterly incentives based on performance
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, retirement, paid-time-off, etc.
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Our four main values drive everything we do: client focus, integrity, excellence in all we do and respect for individuals and the communities in which we live and work. At Ameriprise Financial, we shape financial solutions for a lifetime!
- FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 or 66 licenses and state insurance licenses, or the willingness and ability to obtain them through our company-paid training and licensing program
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background verification and U-4 FINRA verification
- Outstanding verbal, written and listening communication skills; superior customer service skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships; have the desire, comfort, and confidence in networking with others
- Ability to quickly compile, verify and calculate information to provide solutions and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to display and maintain a highly professional demeanor consistent with Ameriprise values and brand
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; with some evening hours required
- High level of confidence, perseverance and a strong desire to achieve and succeed.
- Demonstrated high level of skill in the following areas: organizing, planning, and prioritization
- Previous sales experience or exposure
- College degree