Women’s Care Florida: Certified Nurse Midwife – Safety Harbor, FL
The responsibilities of the Certified Nurse Midwife include prenatal, postpartum, family planning, contraception, health promotion, preventive health screenings, routine obstetrics and gynecological services and biofeedback therapy. The division has seven providers, a full-time ultrasound suite, and Level III Nursery. All providers participate in outpatient and hospital call. Annual call averages1 in 4 weekly and every fourth weekend, with full-time physician support.
Women’s Care Florida has earned a reputation for quality women’s healthcare in West Central Florida. We pride ourselves on being the leader in women’s healthcare by employing dedicated and caring individuals that promote our philosophy and success of Exceptional Women’s Care Every Patient, Every Time.
Currently, we have over 51 locations throughout Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, and Orange counties with plans for future growth. We are seeking a full-time Certified Midwife to join our exciting team of Physicians and Midwives in the Clearwater and Trinity area. The division provides a full range of women’s health care services including female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery, advanced laparoscopic surgery and has a growing obstetrics practice.
In 2010, the first wave of certified nurse-midwives graduated from Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs. The American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) estimates that soon, one in ten babies in the U.S. will be delivered by CNMs. In 2010, the first DNP program available for CNMs graduated its first class.
The American College of Nurse-Midwives accredits Certified Nurse Midwife education programs and serves as the national specialty society for the nation’s CNMs. CNMs in most states are required to
- possess a minimum of a graduate degree such as the Master of Science in Nursing or a Doctorate of Nursing Practice.
- pass the NCLEX examination to become a registered nurse.
- pass the American Midwifery Certification exams.
- hold an active registered nurse license in the state in which they practice.
- keep up to date with latest medical knowledge as pertains to their field.
The practice of Williams, Goldman and Watson currently has two offices and eight providers. The offices are located in highly desirable areas of Florida, with reasonable home prices, good public and private school systems, easy access to the beach, within driving distance to the theatre, arts and so much more to offer a leisurely lifestyle. This prominent practice is deeply rooted and well connected to the community it serves and prides itself as “Expert Counsel for every aspect of women’s health care.” It’s endorsement of a team-based model has allowed the providers to develop a close, friendly and supportive relationship. This is a job opportunity, not to be missed with great long term potential.
Certified Nurse Midwife Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited RN program; L&D experience required.
- Graduate from a Nurse-Midwifery Program.
- Certified by the American College of Nurse Mid-Wife;
- Certified Nurse Midwife with Master’s degree
- Ability to work with diverse cultures, with energy, initiative, and self-assertiveness.
- Maintain current CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
ACNM Certification Required
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Three plus years of Women’s Health Care Midwife experience, preferred.
- New graduates, with prior labor and delivery experience, will be considered for this exciting opportunity.
- Salary commensurate with the level of experience.
To apply Certified Nurse Midwife Job>>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=aaa5aeeec8fd03cd
more Nursing Job >>> CLICK HIRE