VyStar Credit Union: Financial Advisor – Fleming Island, FL
A Financial Advisor will help members identify financial goals and objectives from an in-depth fact finding a process and financial analysis which will identify appropriate insurance and securities products to meet member’s goals and objectives. Establishing a relationship with continuous periodic reviews is an essential part of the Total-Needs Based Sales process.
A VyStar Investment Services Financial will offer financial solutions through a wide variety of products and services to members. This task will be accomplished through the use of a Total-Needs Based selling approach.
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job:
- Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing client or member.
- Connect Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate your care.
- Understand Listen empathetically and ask questions (70%/30% rule).
- Counsel Recommend solutions based on your member’s needs and objectives.
- Advance Ensure that member’s expectations were exceeded.
- Verify necessary follow-up actions.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Complete knowledge of investment and insurance products.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Series 7, 63, 65 or 66
- Life and Health and Variable Annuity insurance license within 90 days of employment
- Other securities licenses as needed
- Commitment to ongoing educational designations such as the CRPC
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred, but not required if the applicant has 2 years of sales experience per year of bachelor’s degree.
- 2-5 years proved financial services sales success experience.
A VyStar Investment Services Financial Advisor will present a professional image and cultivate a strong working relationship with credit union staff and members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Present a professional image from a personal and professional level that will be beneficial to the VyStar Credit Union.
- Cultivate strong working relationships and build trust among VCU staff and members.
- Consistently generate a minimum of 15-20 appointments/interviews per week with members.
- Follow the sales process and procedures as established through VyStar Investment Services’ broker-dealer.
- Follow the established insurance and securities compliance guidelines, and strictly adhere to all company policies.
- Follow established policies and procedures of ethical market conduct. Conduct business according to high standards of honesty, fairness, and integrity and render service to members which in the same circumstance we would demand ourselves.
- Follow the established guidelines for maintaining client files in accordance with company practices and FINRA requirements.
- Meet or exceed the minimum revenue standards, as outlined in the Financial Advisor Employment Agreement, along with a breadth product mix to meet all financial needs of members. This product mix should be well diversified to show that the Financial Advisor is uncovering the needs of our members. Meet VCU cross-selling goals through the use of VyStar Excellence.
- Attend all required training, informational meetings scheduled by VIS and VCU management.
- Complete and submit weekly activity reports promptly
- Identifies potential clients using advertising campaigns, personal contacts, and seminars.
- Interviews clients to determine financial position, resources, assets available to invest, and financial goals.
- Provides clients with information and advice on purchase or sale of securities, financial services, investment plans and insurance products.
- Opens and services new accounts.
- Completes sales and routes documents for processing.
- Reads status reports and performs calculations to monitor client accounts and verifies transactions.
- Develops and implements financial plans.
- Builds long-term financial advisory relationships with clients.
- Is accountable for learning all VCU products and services and is expected to reciprocate referrals to the members’ services network for the various needs uncovered through the fact-finding process.
- Maneuvers and manages databases and resources on a computer.
- Conducts offline or online research to resolve client problems.
- Assures area is in compliance with pertinent laws and regulations.
- Performs other essential job-related duties as assigned by Management, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The VyStar Credit Union has a rich history of financial and community service to people that began in 1952. The VyStar Credit Union was originally founded as Jax Navy Federal Credit Union; serving that civil service, military employees and their families at Naval Air Station Jacksonville. Over the past 63 years, we have expanded our field of service, branching out to 17 counties in Northeast Florida, changed our name, and continued to provide excellent service to our members and the communities where we live and work. Today, we are proud of our beginnings and because of our 502,000 + members; we have grown to one of the largest financial institutions in Northeast Florida ($5.6B in assets) and one of the largest credit unions in the nation. As a sound and forward-thinking organization, we are a unique group of people that has a common goal – to provide quality service and to excel in all we do for our members. We never forget that it’s your money.
Job Title Financial Advisor
Location Fleming Island, FL
Category Investment Services
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Financial Advisor Jobs, please CLICK HIRE