Software Engineer Job Description
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in eCommerce payment management. CyberSource was one of the world’s first payment gateways, connecting online merchants to payment networks, including Visa. Today, CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for eCommerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management, and payment security systems.
The Software Engineer will build, enhance and be part of the team responsible for the fraud detection and case management systems within CyberSource. This position will require design and development of various interfaces for the merchants to automate and streamline fraud management operations, manage business rules and perform case management. The responsibilities also include gathering and clarifying requirements and contributing to architectural decisions.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will need to communicate technical ideas clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Concrete Software Engineer Responsibilities will include
- Understand and analyze requirements from product owners
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant server modules and Web user interfaces for the fraud product suite using Java, Web Services, JEE and Web 2.0 paradigms – correctly, front-end design with Struts and Tiles, JSF, XML, and DHTML
- Be able to work on both server-side and UI-side modules
- Collaborate with the team in an agile environment
- Able to analyze technical specification from different CyberSource partners/vendors, and integrate them into the CyberSource solution.
Software Engineer Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
- 4+ years experience designing and developing complex Java and JEE applications and Struts based web applications
- Experience in developing WebServices with application servers like JBoss or IBM Websphere
- Proven JDBC experience
- Experience in relational database usage with commercial-grade databases such as Sybase, Oracle, or MySql
- Experience in OO design and design patterns
- Strong UNIX background
- Experience in and understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Multithreaded Java development experience including fault-tolerant, scalable, high-volume systems is a major plus
- Experience in using IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
* Experience with Agile methodologies/SCRUM
* Experience in creating automated unit tests using JUnit
- Comfortable working in a small, yet highly collaborative team
- XML parsing and XML schema design experience
* An understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies is a plus
- Experience with automated unit testing using Selenium or Fitness is a plus
- Experience in reporting engines like Actuate is a plus
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.