The salary of a tax accountant can vary depending on several factors such as experience, location, qualifications, and the size of the company or firm they work for. As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the average salary for a tax accountant in the United States was around $59,000 to $89,000 per year.
The average salary for a tax accountant in the United States is $62,142. Tax accountant salaries typically range between $45,000 and $83,000 a year. The average hourly rate for tax accountants is $29.88 per hour.
The base salary for Tax Accountant ranges from $56,724 to $70,236 with an average base salary of $62,928. The total cash compensation, which includes base, and annual incentives, can vary anywhere from $58,433 to $73,288 with the average total cash compensation.
However, it’s important to note that these figures are averages, and actual salaries can be higher or lower depending on the factors mentioned earlier. Experienced tax accountants with advanced qualifications, such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, and those working in larger cities or for prestigious accounting firms, may earn higher salaries.
Experienced tax accountants with advanced certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation, and those working in larger cities or for prestigious accounting firms, tend to earn higher salaries. Salaries can also be influenced by the demand for tax accountants in a particular region and the overall economic conditions.
It’s always a good idea to research current salary data from reliable sources or consult professional organizations to get the most accurate and up-to-date information on tax accountant salaries in the United States.
Tax and Compliance Accountant (Hybrid) Job in Omni Hotels & Resorts – Dallas, TX
Omni Hotels & Resorts is seeking a Tax and Compliance Accountant to join our dynamic team. This role will be primarily based at the Omni Corporate Office in Dallas and will become Hybrid following a 90-day training period.
- Complete all tax-related Balance Sheet Reconciliation(s)
- Prepare related filing for sales and use, gross receipts, and business tax for various facilities
- Support Sales and use tax compliance and monthly journal entries
- Review PCard Transactions and Corporate Invoices for Sales Tax
- Review Capital Project Accounting invoices
- Assist with the unclaimed property and escheatment process, to ensure compliance and research significant items
- Provide analysis and information to Tax and Compliance Manager
- Execute all deliverables by adhering to standard accounting principles and compliance
- Assist with audits
- Assist with tracking liquor licenses
- Ensure all assigned tax returns are filed timely and accurately
- Respond to notices – call State, and determine the issue.
- Assist with maintaining CCH Rate Chart and Other taxability Charts
- Assist with maintaining Vendor list – a list that we use to research specific vendors
- Run reports and other queries for hotels, Corporate, TRT, and all other projects as assigned.
- BS in Accounting, Master’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Candidate should have 1-3 years of working experience in accounting or a tax-related field
- Must possess good analytical, organizational, and technical skills, and be self-started
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle, and other Microsoft Office software
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as a team member
- Flexibility and positive attitude in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Good communication skills and professional presence
Tax Accountant Salary $65.3K – $82.7K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Dallas, TX.
<<< To Apply for Tax and Compliance Accountant (Hybrid) Job >>>
To learn more about Tax Accountant Salary, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.