The Bookkeeper position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping functions and other assigned projects as directed by the Cash Office Manager. Verifies and maintains accurate records, including numerical data.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college course works preferred.
- Three to five years bookkeeping, accounting, or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in data entry, compliance, record keeping, or related field.
- Some specialized training in hospitality industry is preferred
Essential Functions (Including, but not limited to):
- Conducts all activities in alignment with AZA standards and guidelines, all relevant laws and regulations, safety standards, and standards that ensure animal welfare.
- Accurately and efficiently prepares daily cash records and all corresponding worksheets using
- Excel and database software as directed.
- Ensures that all daily duties and assignments are completed in a timely manner on a daily basis.
- Monitors reconciliations with subsidiary ledgers and resolves and communicates deficiencies to
- Cash Office Manager.
- Performs all daily functions of the Cash Office as assigned including reconciliations and completion of daily paperwork.
- Maintains daily cash receipt records and logs in compliance with Zoo policy and all regulations governing these operations.
- Produces daily written reports and summaries as required by the (IS) Project Manager, COO,
- Director of Operations, V.P. of Operations, CFO, and Controller.
- Assists with audits as assigned by the Cash Office Manager, (IS) Project Manager, Controller, CFO,
- Director of Operations, V.P. of Operations and COO. Ensures company and regulatory compliance related to functional areas of responsibility.
- Avoids potential for theft and inaccurate record keeping through continued vigilance, employee training, and proactive behavior.
- Provides excellent internal and external guest service at all times and monitors guest service
- provided by the Cash Office Staff.
- Enforces Cash Office and cash handling policies and procedures in a professional, appropriate, and courteous manner.
- Reports concerns about Cash Office operations or cash handling to Cash Office Manager, (IS)
- Project Manager, Director of Operations, V.P. of Operations, COO, CFO, and/or Controller.
- Places orders for Cash Office supplies in accordance with Zoo policy as assigned by the Cash Office Manager.
- Accurately and thoroughly completes associated paperwork and documentation.
- Performs filing, photocopying, and other general clerical duties.
- Responsible for cleanliness, tidiness, and overall appearance of the Cash Office.
- Assists with hands-on support of daily operations of the Zoo and all Zoo events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Quality control: demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and security: observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Must have the ability to follow specific instructions and also be comfortable self-directing.
- Capacity to anticipate ability to think ahead and plan.
- Capacity to change: an ability to identify and correct operational problems quickly.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to think logically and solve problems with minimal guidance.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude with the public.
- Ability to communicate ideas and contribute effectively to the department.
Physical Requirements of Bookkeeper:
- Ability to use radio, telephone, and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be willing and able to work varied and long shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to plan work, and staff specials events and exhibits as well as are available for unexpected shifts.
- Computer Proficiency: Must be proficient with Word and Excel and be able to adapt well to various other computer programs.
ABOUT TAMPA’S LOWRY PARK ZOO
Five-time winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence (2010-2015), Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo is one of the most popular zoos in the southeastern U.S., with over 800,000 visitors annually. The Zoo originated in the 1930’s as a municipal department with a small collection of Florida native species. It grew gradually throughout the next four decades, cut struggled to meet the developing professional standards of modern zoos. In 1982, community leaders created the Lowry Park Zoo Association to take over management of the Zoo for the City of Tampa with the goal of creating a world-class zoo through a public-private partnership. The Association then became the Lowry Park Zoological Society of Tampa, Inc., as it remains today. Working with a national zoo designer, the Society was able to create a modern, 24-acre facility that opened to the public in 1988. Accreditation by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) came shortly after in 1990. The Zoo was most recently re-accredited in March, 2015.
The mission of the Zoo is “to connect people with the living earth.” We strive to do so by operating the Zoo in accordance with the highest professional standards of conservation, education, research and recreation, and by serving as a resource for the community regarding conservation and environmental matters affecting animals and habitats, both locally and throughout the world. Growing to what now encompasses 56 acres of naturalistic animal exhibits in a lush, tropical garden setting, the Zoo offers popular educational programming and fun recreational amenities, for which it has won accolades as one of the country’s most family-friendly zoos.
<<< To Apply Bookkeeper in Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo >>>
To more Bookkeeper Jobs please CLICK HIRE