This is a full-time, FLSA-exempt, and benefits-eligible position. Full-time employees are eligible to receive a generous benefits package, which includes excellent medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement plans, paid vacation time, and access to development seminars, once eligibility requirements are met.
The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center’s is currently recruiting for a Teacher Professional Development Manager. Under the general direction of the Director of Education, the Teacher Professional Development Manager, known as the Fleet Inquiry Institute (FII) Manager, supports the Fleet by developing, planning and implementing educational programming designed for area teachers. This position will also collaborate with other community organizations and other Fleet departments to achieve mission goals and objectives.
Selected candidate must be available to work evenings and weekends as required. Continued employment for this position is contingent upon establishing additional funding sources.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement menu of professional development offerings, both on and off site, to be available for teachers from all school districts in San Diego County, as well as museum educators.
- Establish and maintain contact with regional school teachers and administrators to publicize programs, recruit and meet with teachers, and perform site visits.
- Plan and present weeklong workshops for teachers, grades K-12, using inquiry methods of science, mathematics and language arts.
- Plan and present Saturday workshops and evening workshops for teachers as needed, including a teacher open house.
- Prepare funding model proposals and grant proposals related to teacher professional development.
- Oversee all grant activities, staff, finances and resources as needed.
- Fulfill any grant reporting requirements, including necessary record-keeping, associated with teacher professional development programs.
- Administer evaluation plan with support of external evaluator, as needed.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Education.
- Background in science preferable
- Experience planning and presenting Teacher Professional Development programs.
- At least one year of experience teaching or working with students.
- Ability to prepare and edit curriculum.
- Ability to professionally communicate verbally in person, on the telephone, and in writing with students and adults.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple functions.
- Ability to provide guidance to area teachers.
- Valid CA driver’s license and car insurance required.
Please note that the above job description is not all inclusive of actual job duties and is meant to give an applicant a basic summary of the job opportunity being offered.
To apply >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=b22fba28331bf402
more teacher jobs please <<<click hire>>>