Financial Advisor Trainee Job Summary
- Through various training mechanisms including a combination of distance learning, education sessions at the home office, and senior advisor mentoring, gain knowledge of developing a client base, cultivating relations, collaborating with peers and key stakeholders, creating investment plans and recommending investments.
- In conjunction with a Mentor, Branch Manager, and/or a team of Financial Advisors, learns to build an individual practice to serve as an advisor to clients, providing sound financial advice and counsel consistent with the customer’s objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance.
Meet production targets that impact overall company revenue goals.
- Balances new client development, sales activities, investment management, customer service and compliance with personal/professional growth and development to fulfill the requirements of the AMP Program.
Qualifications of Financial Advisor Trainee
- Previous Experience/Educational Requirements:
- 5 + years working experience demonstrating a successful track record in sales/business development
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year College or university preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- Economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Basic principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services.
- Company’s working structure, policies, mission, strategies, and compliance guidelines.
- Skill in:
- Operating client relationship manager system and other required software applications to produce financial plans, correspondence, reports, electronic communication, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Preparing and delivering precise, efficient, and professional presentations.
- Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
- Ability to:
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment to run an optimal practice.
- Continuously learn investment products, industry rules and regulations, and financial planning.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Articulate reasons behind decisions.
- Keep all appropriate parties up-to-date on decisions, changes, and other relevant information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Network in the community effectively markets him or herself and Raymond James
- Persevere and handle rejection and show resilience during the prospecting and networking process.
- Demonstrate persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Accept criticism and deal calmly and more efficiently in high-stress situations.
- Effectively communicate portfolio losses while preserving client loyalty.
- Provide a high level of client service.
- Series 7 & 66 or the ability to obtain within six months from the start of the program.
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity or ability to obtain within six months from the commencement of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Become trained and skilled to effectively and efficiently function in the Financial Advisor role:
- Develop client pipeline by prospecting, networking, community involvement, centers of influence and growing niches.
- Manage full scope of customer relationship by evaluating customer financial needs, investment opportunities, current holdings, and available investment capital and help them identify their investment objectives.
- Recommends investment products, solutions, and services that are suitable for prospects and clients based on predetermined customer needs, time horizons, risk profile, and preferences.
- Seeks expertise of internal resources to identify investment opportunities and solutions for customers,
- Develops a book of business consistent with AMP program goals for assets under management and required production.
- Opens, transfers, and closes customer accounts and maintains appropriate account records.
- Explains the organization, participants, and functions of various securities markets and the principal factors that affect them.
- Obtains and verifies the customer’s purchase and sale instructions enters orders and follows up on completion of transactions.
- Monitors the customer’s portfolio and makes recommendations consistent with changes in economic and financial conditions as well as the client’s needs and objectives, taking newly offered investments into consideration.
- Completes required program training and assignments, obtaining mandatory industry licenses within prescribed timeframes, mastering assessments and meeting minimum performance and production standards.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Title: Financial Advisor Trainee
Location: Charlotte, NC
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Financial Advisor Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.