Navy Federal Financial Advisors We’re by Your Side Our financial advisors work on-site in over 150 Navy Federal Credit Union branches and are available by phone to serve members nationwide…
Financial Advisors are employees of NFFG, and they are employees and registered representatives of NFIS. NFIS and NFFG are affiliated companies under the common control of…
Deposit products and related services are provided by NFCU. Financial Advisors are employees of NFFG, and they are employees and registered representatives of NFIS. NFIS and NFFG are…
Is Navy Federal a good bank?
Navy Federal has been recognized for offering high-quality customer service. The credit union offers strong APYs on its money market account and certificates. The savings account yield is relatively low. Membership is only available to those with a military affiliation.
What are the requirements to join the Navy Federal Credit Union?
Who Can Join?
- Army and Air National Guard personnel
- Delayed Entry Program personnel
- Department of Defense (DoD) civilians
- U.S. government employees assigned to DoD installations
- contractors assigned to DoD installations
- family members of one of the above
Financial Advisor I/II – Navy Federal Credit Union
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp, and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family, and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members and their families lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- Administer and document account activity and execution per NFFG process and procedures and FINRA, NASAA, SEC regulations
- Conduct periodic reviews of accounts to communicate account status, explain activities and keep clients aware of new offerings
- Develop a pipeline of internal/external referral sources in compliance with Navy Federal policies and procedures guidelines
- Establish, maintain and develop business relationships with members and internal/external sources in assigned territory
- Execute customer and broker purchase /sales orders of securities for current/new clients
- Focus consulting for products and services supported by Registered Investment Advisory Firm in support of current market/ industry shift to managed assets and align with member needs
- Identify prospective participation partners/opportunities through prospect calling, networking, and leveraging existing participation business
- Keep current with research legislative and industry updates to identify areas for market growth/opportunities, and/or potential concerns impacting NFFG clients and/or business environment
- Monitor accounts to ensure accurate processing, identify discrepancies, errors/concerns and take remedial actions
- Monitor, track, and report performance of individual sales plans and assigned strategies
- Participate in the development and implementation of new/enhanced processes and financial planning
- Participate in site audits of registered duties, documentation, and processes to comply with Navy Federal standards and FINRA, NASAA, SEC, and other regulatory agencies
- Perform in-depth ongoing research to acquire new accounts in assigned territory to increase market share
- Plan/conduct life insurance and investment seminars and initiates cross-marketing for clients and prospects to grow market penetration of NFFG product services
- Prepare standard/special reports required by FINRA, NASAA and SEC participates in industry and/or internal audits
- Provide investment consultation related to investment products, life insurance services, and related quotes, document preparation, and required regulatory filings
- Provide investment industry expertise to client investment consultations and servicing of investment products, stocks, bonds, annuities, mutual funds, managed accounts, and related securities
- Performs other duties as assigned or appropriate
To provide financial consulting services to assist members and non-members with identifying their financial goals and objectives. Acts as a catalyst for the promotion and growth of NFFG products and services. Recommends appropriate mixture(s) of insurance/investment products and services to achieve the financial client’s goals as a registered representative/advisor/agent of Navy Federal Financial Group (NFFG) and subsidiaries, or incumbent financial firms. Manages more complex, high dollar volume, and larger member bases. Mentors and trains Associate Financial Advisors in more advanced financial counseling to support higher volume complex member bases and/or Credit Union Registered Member Service Representatives when assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Advanced analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and organization skills skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Advanced planning, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Advanced skill-building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tack
- Advanced skill in exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Advanced skill in presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives, and information clearly and concisely
- Advanced skills to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
- Appointment by the sponsoring insurance company, broker-dealer, and/or Registered Investment Advisory Firm
- Current and active FINRA Series 6, 7, NASAA Series 65 or 66 (and NASAA Series 63 in states where required) registration and Life & Health Insurance License
- Experience in business development including market strategy, product demonstration, and promoting of products and services
- Extensive experience consulting with customers to access their financial status and identify investment needs
- Extensive knowledge of investment and insurance products
- Extensive knowledge of interpreting industry-related laws and government regulations
- Proficiency with PCs and spreadsheets, databases, word processing applications, and financial analysis software tools
- Significant experience working as an adult facilitator, trainer, development coach, and/or internal consultant
- Significant leadership experience to mentor less experienced Financial Advisors
- Thorough understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking and analysis and reporting of financial data
- Willingness to pursue CFP, ChFC, or CLU designation after one year of successful employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Management or related discipline or related professional experience
- Knowledge of Navy Federal/NFFG organization, programs, policies, and procedures
- Active designations e.g. CFP, ChFC, CLU
<<< To apply Financial Advisor I/II – Navy Federal Credit Union >>>
To more Navy Federal Financial Advisor, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.
Navy Federal Financial Advisor