We are searching for a multi-talented Payroll and GL Accountant with a salary of $62,000 – $85,000 a year, to lead the transformation of the ACR’s payroll function. Our payroll software has taken the heavy lifting out of payroll and allows you the chance to take ownership beyond processing. You will have an immediate impact on our organization by managing the payroll process from start to finish, including accounting and reporting. As the Subject Matter Expert, you will work with employees throughout ACR and improve the overall user experience. Come grow with us!
A great place to work is built by great staff and leadership. It is a place where you are recognized for your achievements and hard work; where your ideas are valued. A place that shows their commitment to employees and their success. A workplace that is forward-thinking and embraces the future. The American College of Radiology (ACR) is excited to have been recognized as a Great Place to Work for the second straight year in a row!
Payroll processing & accounting
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 500+ employees utilizing Ultipro HRIS software, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations
- Manage the timekeeping system and processes, ensuring timely and accurate completion and resolving any issues
- Manage system changes required to compute, report and analyze payroll
- Participate in Financial Statement, Workers Compensation insurance, and Retirement plan audits
- Prepare and upload all system payroll entries as well as additional monthly entries related to salary and benefits to the general ledger and perform related monthly reconciliations
Process improvements & automation
- Assess current payroll processes in order to provide solutions to streamline and further automate existing processes
- Manage, modify, create reports using Ultipro’s business intelligence tool, IBM Cognos, to validate payroll processing data
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Create ad-hoc payroll reports as needed
- Establish local and state withholding accounts and employee tax changes as needed
- Review quarterly and annual payroll tax filings; ensure all local and state statutory payroll reporting requirements are met
- Respond to tax notices, wage orders, and governmental correspondence
- Partner with the HR department for change management projects and seamless system workflows
- Support employees and managers with payroll, payroll system and/or process queries
- Develop effective training and tools to help employees
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude; you like what you do. You are self-driven and take initiative; your contributions to the team go beyond assigned tasks. You are system-savvy, organized, and attentive to details. You treat secure and confidential information with the utmost care. You possess strong communication and problem-solving skills. You enjoy searching for a better way and always do the right thing.
The American College of Radiology is an established membership organization representing nearly 40,000 radiologists and physicians providing radiological care. As a member of our team, you will join a world leader in patient-centered care, advocacy, clinical research, and quality and safety. A nonprofit 501(c)(3), the ACR has over 500 purpose-driven employees.
If you share our core values of Leadership * Integrity * Quality * Innovation, we want you on our team!
ACR offers a rewarding employee experience: innovative culture, professional growth potential, competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package, including a defined contribution pension plan and 403(b); generous paid time off package; insurance plans with the leading providers; flexible spending; tuition reimbursement; training opportunities; and wellness reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary / Pay: $62,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Experience: GL Accounting: 2 years (Required)
Excel: 5 years (Required)
UltiPro: 3 years (Preferred)
Payroll: 5 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Location: Reston, VA (Required)
License: CPP (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Work Location: One location
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off, Work from home, Parental leave, Professional development assistance and Other
This Payroll and GL Accountant Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Schedule: Monday to Friday and No weekends
Company’s website: www.acr.org
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Payroll and GL Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HERE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.