Westford Elementary School: Substitute Teachers – Westford, VT
Candidates without an educator license must be willing and able to successfully complete the Introductory Teacher Training (for Substitute Teachers) program through ED Training Center within 30 days of hire.The cost of the Introductory Teacher Training (for Substitute Teachers) shall be the responsibility of the applicant.
As a condition of employment, all selected applicants must complete the requirements for a criminal background check and registry checks. The cost of the checks shall be the responsibility of the applicant. All offers of employment (or continued employment) shall be conditioned upon satisfactory background check results.
Reference Check Requirements
- Candidates who pass the initial application screening will be sent an email with a link to enter your references: minimum of 3 total of which at least 2 must be from your most recent managers/supervisors.
- If you are a recent graduate, teachers, professors and instructors may qualify as manager references.
- This process should be completed within 24 hours of receiving the email. Once your references are entered, they will receive an email with the web link to complete the reference.
- Please be sure to gather the necessary contact information (contact phone number(s) and email address) for your references after you submit your application to avoid any unnecessary delays.
- It is also a good idea to contact your reference to let them know what to expect so they will watch for the web link via email.
Looking to get your foot in the door in some of Vermont’s most reputable school districts? The Chittenden Central Supervisory Union (serving the Essex Junction School District, Essex High School, Center for Technology, Essex and the Westford School District) is looking for substitute teachers to work on an “as needed” basis in all subject areas and grade levels. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferred. Individuals without a bachelor’s degree may be considered if they have a combination of education and experience from which similar knowledge and skills are obtained, or they have industry certification (e.g. licensed Cosmetologists, licensed Dental Assistants, Registered Nurses). Short-term substitute teaching pay rates range from $80.00/day to $100.00/day depending on licensing status and Introductory Teacher Training training status. Licensed educators are highly encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Chittenden Central Supervisory Union is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.