The Financial Writer will be responsible for creating a wide range of content that supports the firm’s three different distribution channels (institutional, high-net-worth, and retail) and the firm’s equity and fixed-income investment strategies. This includes creating investment communications, such as white papers, quarterly commentaries, market commentaries, articles, and other ad hoc requests, to support the firm’s brand-building initiatives, investment strategies, wealth advisory business, and distribution activities. Contribution to content may also come in other forms, such as video or audio. The ideal candidate will not only have exceptionally strong writing and editing skills, but will also play a leading role in generating creative ideas, engaging content, and innovative ways to engage the firm’s audience.
Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Management is seeking an experienced financial writer (5+ years of experience) to help lead and guide the firm’s content generation and distribution efforts in support of the firm’s overall brand building and marketing efforts for its various distribution channels.
The successful candidate must be a team player, yet self-motivated, possess proven investment writing experience, strong product knowledge, excellent communication skills, and have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Business, Communications, or Finance
- The ideal candidate has five years plus experience in the financial services industry, ideally covering both equity and fixed-income asset classes
- Extensive knowledge of financial markets and investment/financial concepts, with an ability to understand and communicate product strategy and financial/wealth planning strategies
- Strong product and industry knowledge and ability to translate that into thoughtful and engaging written commentary
- Exceptional writing/communication skills to help create a wide range of marketing materials for various audiences
- Demonstrate ability to capture complex ideas and express them in a clear, concise, and engaging writing style
- Knowledge of social media and possess the ability to craft appropriate and effective content for the various platforms
- Able to incorporate feedback and ideas from team members
- Able to work at a fast pace with strong attention to detail, highly organized, and strong project management skills
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment, both within Marketing as well as other parts of the organization
- Able to maintain sound judgment and professionalism under pressure
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Creativity—able to recommend new and unique ideas
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Research, organize and write engaging thought leadership content, including white papers, commentaries, articles, client communications, and presentations
- Create new product marketing content such as sales aids, brochures, market updates, portfolio manager interviews, and presentations
- Use observations about investment strategies, wealth strategies, and timely issues to generate insightful content
- Develop content specifically for product launches and marketing campaigns
- Create web content and contribute to social media, video, and PR opportunities
- Understand and analyze competitive analysis for the firm’s investment strategies and market data and develop strategic content from that data
- Act as a writing and editing resource, ensuring high quality and accurate materials are being produced by the company
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts, such as investment professionals and wealth advisors, in order to develop new ideas and ensure alignment on content creation and messaging
- Ensure consistency in the company’s voice, key messages, and editorial style across markets, channels, and media
- Keep up-to-date with developments in financial markets with an ability to identify key opportunities to educate the firm’s clientele
- Good understanding of the asset management regulatory environment
- Assist the wider marketing team on projects/ad-hoc tasks as and when required
Job Title Senior Financial Writer
Location United States
Job hires Virtus Investment Partners, Inc.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Financial Advisor Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.