Teacher at Bright Horizons in Sacramento, CA
Embark on a new journey in the highly-rewarding career of a professional early childhood teacher in an environment that values your contributions and gives you the resources you need to implement high-quality, developmentally appropriate programs. Create joy in a child’s life by teaching through play and hands-on activities while implementing Bright Horizons’ emergent World at Their Fingertips curriculum, which helps foster children’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development.
Build strong relationships with children, parents, and colleagues while also enjoying the many unique aspects of teaching in work-site child care centers.
Stepping into a teaching position at Bright Horizons, you will:
- Interact frequently, affectionately, and respectfully with children.
- Engage and communicate with individual children during the activities and routines.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum which reflects observations and goals of individual children.
- Facilitate regular parent/guardian communication and conferences to discuss orientation, transitions, and developmental goals.
- Follow all safety and health rules while supervising all children at all times.
- Demonstrate awareness of the entire group whether working with a small group or individuals.
- Keep the environment and equipment safe, clean and attractive.
- Support organizational mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies to parent/guardians and coworkers.
- Offer and share ideas and materials with coworkers.
- Participate actively in the teaching team through communication, collaboration, and curriculum planning.
When you join Bright Horizons, you become part of a caring culture that values unique differences and celebrates our vibrant tapestry of children, families, and employees who represent many different cultures and backgrounds. We act deliberately to embrace diversity at all levels of the organization and encourage inclusion and respect by providing continuing diversity education and ongoing support to our employees.
Our extensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive Teacher-salaries
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- CDA training program
- Ongoing training through Bright Horizons University — our online university
- Career path
- Same sex domestic partner benefits
- Auto and home insurance discounts
- Real Estate Advantage Program
- Commuter benefits
- Online shopping discounts
- Cell phone discounts
- And more!
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Related college-level course work or CDA course work preferred
- CDA or working towards an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 12 Months of professional teaching experience preferred
- Must meet state requirements for education and additional center/school requirements may apply