Tax Accountant for Underwriters Laboratories in Northbrook, IL
- Under general supervision, responsible for complex and interpretive financial research and analysis for middle or senior management for use in the development and measurement of business strategies and tactics.
- Provides technical expertise to auditors relating to U.S. federal and state and non – U.S. income tax matters. Understands and guides Corporate Finance employees as well as other departments and accounts on simple to moderately complex tax issues.
- Independently, analyzes accounts and reports, prepares tax returns, tax filings and supporting documentation.
- Works with the Tax Manager and other management to assure Federal and state and non – U.S. tax compliance requirements are met accurately and efficiently.
- Independently, analyzes accounts and reports, prepares tax returns, tax filings and supporting documentation. Applies fundamental accounting concepts and practices in assigned areas.
- Works on preparing the tax provision portion of the financial statement disclosure including identification of temporary and permanent differences and development of effective tax rate schedules. Reviews financial statements to assure that adequate tax disclosure have been made.
- Provides periodic reports and special studies for middle and senior management based on UL’s financial performance.
- Works with Tax management team on U.S. and non-U.S. related tax matters.
- May advise applicable company functions/departments on international tax laws and regulations such as income taxes, indirect taxes such as VAT and GST, tax treaties, and tax withholdings.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor’s Degree) in Accounting, Finance or a
- Related discipline, plus four years of directly related work experience
- Certified Public Accountant certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interpret domestic and international tax concepts and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and calculate the impact opportunities have on the company
- Detailed knowledge of the U.S. tax legislation and accounting principles
- Knowledge of non-U.S. direct and indirect tax statutes may be required
Look at what we can do together!
You’ve learned about us – now we would like to find out more about you. If you like what you have read and you believe that you would be a good fit, we would like to hear from you. Our sustained growth and success are dependent upon the commitment of its workforce. We consider our employees to be our most valued asset and we offer challenging and rewarding careers, excellent working conditions, exceptional opportunities for your professional and personal development, and a competitive compensation package.