State of Wisconsin: Museum Education Specialist – Wisconsin
The Wisconsin Veterans Museum is currently recruiting for a Museum Education Specialist to provide content development and implementation of the educational, programmatic and outreach activities. The teacher salary for this position will be between $17.243 and $20.102 per hour, depending on candidate qualifications, plus an attractive benefits package. Pay on appointment will be determined in accordance with the State of Wisconsin Compensation Plan. This position is in pay schedule and range 13-04. A six-month probationary period will be required.
- The Education Specialist develops and implements educational strategies that support the mission-based programs of the Museum. This position identifies, develops and implements curriculum-based educational initiatives. The incumbent interacts with primary and secondary school educators; and manages visitor service elements, including group tours and special education events.
- In addition, the Education Specialist is responsible for planning and implementing public programs and outreach to include lecture series, special events, offsite programs and the annual cemetery tour. This position manages the Museum’s volunteer and internship program. The incumbent participates as a member of the Exhibits Committee, making recommendations concerning the development of exhibit themes and concepts while working closely with exhibit developers to provide relevant programmatic support in the form of resource kits, gallery guides, pre- and post-visit materials, and online educational resources. This position develops and implements formative and summative exhibit evaluation procedures.
- museum education practices
- State- and Federally-mandated curricula
- managing docents
- verbal and written communication
- leadership and team building
- organization and time management
- problem solving
- work independently
- establish and maintain working relationships
- use computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and Photoshop
- resolve conflicts
- create and present training materials
Due to the nature of the position, WDVA will conduct a background check prior to an offer of employment.
To apply Museum Education Specialist job, please visite Indeed.com