Senior Tax Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare, file and maintain periodic sale/use/excise tax returns in jurisdictions where Blackhawk has nexus.
- Prepare and maintain monthly general ledger sale/use/excise tax account reconciliations and supporting documentation provided by the AP and AR billing teams.
- Evaluate, research, and keep the listing of jurisdictions where the company has or may have established nexus
- Coordinate and maintain (in conjunction with Product Services) a listing of the business’s goods and services that may/may not be taxable in those jurisdictions where the Company had nexus.
- Manage and coordinate all state sales and use tax audits, assessments and requests for information.
- Manage and coordinate as necessary the Canadian GST/PST/HST filings with Safeway Canadian Tax personnel.
- Maintain the CCH Sales Tax Office module (and SKU mapping) to efficiently compile information for reporting, compliance, and state tax audits.
- Collaborate with the Tax Director and across business functions to provide recommendations and support on the sales/use/excise tax effects of business initiatives.
- Work closely with the Tax Director, operations and other business groups or functional areas regarding sales/use/excise tax issues including but not limited to the tax impact of contractual terms negotiated with our Alliance Partners and Card Partners.
- Advise and provide insight/recommendations to the Tax Director and other accounting executives of the business impact of new sales/use/excise tax laws and related income tax regulations, court decisions and proposed tax legislation.
- Evaluate, manage and execute ad hoc sale/use/excise tax projects as needed.
Senior Tax Accountant Requirements:
- 8+ years of a combination of sales/use tax return preparation and filing in multiple jurisdictions (California, Washington, and Minnesota preferred) and managing a sales/use tax department.
- Significant project and time management skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently while effectively reporting to a manager in another state/location.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities, able to research complex sales/use/excise tax matters and reach sound conclusions.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to interact with senior accounting management of Blackhawk, the parent company (Safeway) and state tax auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and CPA preferred.
Blackhawk Network is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Blackhawk Network believes that diversity leads to strength.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Tax Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.