OPTIMIST YOUTH HOMES: Science Credentialed Teachers – Highland Park, CA
We are currently looking at employing the following California credentialed Science Teachers for Fundamentals Science, Biology Science and Physics Science or Chemistry Science. We have been operating a nonpublic special education school on our campus for the past 23 years and will continue to operate it for those students with IEP’s stipulating NPS. We will be opening up a charter school on our same campus for our residential students who are all placed by the Department of Probation. We will be operating classrooms with 20 students and 1 credentialed teacher and 1 full-time teacher assistant, a ratio of one teaching staff for every 10 students.
CA. Single Subject Credentialed Teacher needed in Science, Ca. credential or Intern credential eligible You can be paid to do your student teaching up to $4,000!!
Founded in 1906, Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services is among the largest non-profit behavioral health agencies in California. We provide comprehensive, culturally sensitive therapeutic services to at-risk adolescents, youth, and families. Our main campus in Highland Park houses 97 boys, between the ages of 12-18. The residential program is supplemented by a special education non-public high school, an independent living program, aftercare program, and other cutting-edge mental health services. Our six-bed group homes are located in Eagle Rock, South Bay, the San Fernando Valley and Van Nuys. Our foster family agencies, located in Los Angeles County and Palmdale certify foster homes and provide clinical services to foster placements and their families.
- Responsible for the overall operation of assigned classroom with only 20 students with a full-time TA, a ratio of one staff for every 10 students.
- Work with and Supervise full-time Teacher Assistant w/ BA and credential.
- Implement token economy & level system in the classroom
- Work one-to-one with students & grade student assignments
- Write goals, objectives & lesson plans according to State Curriculum guidelines
- Instruct groups of students in authorized credentialed subjects
- Meet with school & clinical staff to discuss students’ educational & behavioral progress
- Produce, maintain, & meet deadlines of Incident Reports, Report Cards, other residential or state mandated reporting.
- Will assist in coordinating school schedule and developing school curriculum
- Maintain register of daily attendance & necessary record-keeping logbook
- All employees must be at least 21 years old and are subject to a criminal background check, reference check, physical, TB test, and drug screen.
Salary and Benefits
- $3500-$5500 monthly
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 4 weeks of vacation when school is closed
- Pension plan to be explained when hired
TO APPLY Science Credentialed Teachers please Email your resume and credential to firstname.lastname@example.org