NATIONAL PENN BANK: General Ledger Accountant – Reading, PA
Provide assistance and guidance for the daily operations of the Finance and Accounting functions. Accurately prepare, analyze and report company financial information to internal management. Ensure all company, division and departmental policies, regulatory and compliance concerns and procedures are effective and implemented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply various accounting practices
- Demonstrated competencies in the following areas:
- PC skills (MS Excel, Word, etc.)
- Data entry
- Written and verbal communication
- Analytical/reasoning skills
Typical responsibilities include:
- Responsible for accounting for compensation, including payroll, incentives, healthcare and share-based awards; development of specialized reports for management; and independently troubleshoot and resolve payroll inquiries by internal departments.
- Prepare/review journal entries to the general ledger for the Company and all subsidiaries, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts to ensure completeness and accuracy of Company financial statements.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests. Support the budgeting and forecasting process, and SEC, regulatory and management reporting.
- Work closely with other departments to facilitate the efficient flow of data and, ultimately, accurate and timely financial information.