L-3 Communications for Software Engineer in Anaheim, CA
Power Paragon, a division of L-3 Communications located in Anaheim, CA manufactures power conversion and distribution systems for military and commercial applications. We also produce unique automatic static transfer switches and a range of uninterruptible power systems for medium, large and colossal industrial control applications. Power Paragon offers a commitment to work/life balance along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits packages that include a 9/80 work week schedule, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, an employee stock purchase plan, health and dental plans, 401K, December holiday shutdown, and other benefits. Power Paragon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/H/VV
Under the general direction of the Manager Software Engineering, this position performs professional level software/systems design engineering assignments of great complexity with considerable discretion as to work details in the design and development of computer systems hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Following general guidelines and accepted technical approaches perform tasks in the:
- Design, development, and implementation of non-routine software engineering applications, involving real-time embedded design.
- Analysis and investigation of major software engineering project tasks.
- Definition of design specifications and parameters, development and application of the main routines and utility programs.
- Resolution of complicated hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations
- Analysis of system architecture requirements and structures and the like
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Assignments are defined regarding general objectives and are of a diverse scope and moderate technical complexity. May assign work to lower level technical support employees.
Software Engineer Qualifications
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Requires a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent discipline.
- Four to six years relevant software/systems design engineering experience or less than two years of applicable experience with a Master’s Degree in a related field.