Your opportunity at QuickBase: We’re in search of an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer who can take on responsibility for development and updates to our QuickBase Marketing website. Leveraging your skills in full-stack web development–from front-end presentation (HTML, CSS, JS) through to back-end processing and integration experience (PHP, Zend Framework), you’ll participate in the entire development lifecycle for building, enhancing and maintaining our marketing website as a world-class lead generation platform. As a key member of the QuickBase marketing team, you’ll work with and enable success for members of our demand marketing, business operations, product marketing, partnerships, sales, and customer care teams (all of whom rely on our marketing site), as well as back-end integrations with our CRM to maintain and continually grow our highly successful QuickBase business.
Intuit QuickBase is revolutionizing the way people work by enabling professionals to develop their own cloud-based applications for driving vastly improved work productivity. With more than 500,000 users and a presence in over 50 of the Fortune 100 companies, we are quickly expanding our stake in the high-growth, multibillion-dollar SaaS, PaaS, and mobile markets. QuickBase is headquartered in Cambridge, MA. Come join us as we grow.
Software Engineer Qualifications
- Ideally, have experience with HTML5, CSS3, mobile, and responsive web design
- Proficient in PHP and Object-Oriented programming
- Experience with MVC Frameworks (PHP Zend Framework strongly preferred)
- Comfortable working on a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Experience integrating with 3rd party API’s using XML, SOAP, REST
- Experience using Cloud Hosting Infrastructures (AWS or Rackspace preferred)
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks (Akamai preferred)
- Familiar with source control (SVN and/or Git preferred)
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment for iterative project turnarounds
- 3-5 years of experience working in a professional full-stack web development environment
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field highly preferred
- For consideration, PLEASE provide a portfolio link and/or URLs in your resume
In this role you will:
- Serve as the lead developer for our QuickBase marketing website.
- Gather requirements, develop technical specifications, and provide project estimates.
- Design and develop mobile/responsive website prototypes and proofs of concepts (POCs).
- Develop new website pages from wireframes and design specs.
- Update existing web pages based on results of A/B testing and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with our Business Operations team to gather technical requirements for integrations with our CRM and back-end workflows.
- Work cross-functionally with web and product marketing partners, sales, business operations and our care team on various projects that utilize the website.
- Mobile-optimize existing website pages using CSS3 media queries & responsive design.
Identify areas where process improvements can be made to improve the dev team’s productivity.
Intuit knows that good accounting takes more than a pocket calculator. The company is a leading developer of software used to manage personal finances (Quicken), small business accounting (QuickBooks), and consumer tax preparation (TurboTax). Customers include consumers, accountants, and small businesses; Intuit claims more than 50 million users for its products and services. Other software offerings include industry-specific accounting and management applications for construction, health care, and retail organizations. Intuit also provides payroll services, financial supplies, and software for professional tax preparation, as well as products and services geared for financial institutions.
ersIntuit believes the ease of use of its products gives it a competitive edge over rivals, especially for its consumer-oriented offerings, such as TurboTax and QuickBooks, which account for the majority of sales. The ubiquity of its products in prominent retail locations also gives the company an edge in the consumer space that competitors such as H&R Block, Sage, and Microsoft struggle to match.
Most of the company’s sales are made in the US, but it has key international offices and facilities in Canada, the United Kingdom, and India. Its presence in the Asia Pacific region comprises offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, and Tokyo.
Intuit’s sales and net income continued their upward march in 2012, with total revenue reaching $4.1 billion (representing a 10% increase over the previous year) and profits rising to $792 million; the company’s profit margin was 19% for the year. The company attributed growth largely to its small business division, although its other product segments, including financial management, employee management, and payment solutions, also reported sales growth. Operating costs were higher for the year in part due to expenses associate with staffing and compensation.
The company’s strategy is focused on ensuring that Intuit products and services are all accessible online and can be accessed via desktops, laptops, and mobile devices, as well as through social communities such as online forums and social media sites.
Acquisitions in recent years have supported this effort, including the 2011 purchase of the mobile Web banking technology assets of Mobile Money Ventures (MMV). MMV’s technology was used by about 400,000 consumers to access banking services from mobile devices.
The company has also used acquisitions to expand further beyond the consumer finance and accounting markets, adding products for small and midsized businesses and industry-specific accounting and health care applications, among others. In 2010 Intuit purchased Medfusion for $91 million in cash. Medfusion provides software tools and services that improve communication between patients and health care providers, including applications for patients to schedule appointments, access patient information online, and to settle and track health care expenses. Shortly after buying Medfusion, the company formed a new division, Intuit Health, that combined Medfusion, and Quicken Health Group.
In 2012 the company paid $423.5 million in cash to buy San Francisco-based Demandforce, a provider of hosted software used to automate marketing and customer communications. The acquisition furthered Intuit’s expansion into software-as-a-service (SaaS) products for small and midsized businesses to address demand among many companies for cloud-based software delivery. Demandforce’s e-mail, mobile, and social tools are used in such industries as automotive and health care
Job Title Full Stack Software Engineer
Location Cambridge, MA
Headquarters 2700 Coast Ave. Mountain View CA, United States 94043
Revenue $1B to $5B (USD)
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.