Kinedyne Corporation for Accounting Clerk in Somerville, NJ
About the Accounting Clerk Job
Kinedyne Corporation, a private, global manufacturing company headquartered in Branchburg, New Jersey, is currently seeking an Account Executive to manage a southern territory consisting of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Responsible for the collections of outstanding accounts and maintain customer account information
- Review weekly aged receivable report to all customers, over 30 reports to determine calls to be made for the week and method
- Contact past due customers daily through oral or written communication to obtain payments on all past due invoices.
- Accounting Clerk Provide all information necessary (i. e. bills, back up, statements, Excel spreadsheets, etc.) to customers for them to pay their invoices.
- Research customer’s reasons for rejected invoices and find a resolution.
- Initiate corrective action process when appropriate.
- Administer the accounts receivable function including daily collection calls (telephone/ fax, etc.), maintaining on-line notes regarding account status.
- Accurate posting of cash receipts to the Accounts Receivable sub ledger and reconciling outstanding account balances
- Communicate account information regarding credit holds, exceeded limits, customer suspense to Customer Service in a timely fashion.
- Keep AR Lead apprised of possible credit and default problems.
- For potential new accounts, check credit information as supplied by the customer to Sales or Customer Service Departments. Request additional information direct from the potential customer if required.
- Print, review and mail all customer invoices daily.
- Assist AR Lead in timely follow-up on customer discrepancies with the appropriate business manager as well as for Internal/ External handling of Dam’s, short pays, etc.
- Timely following up on past due invoices.
- Timely communication in escalating calls to the AR Lead if calls go unanswered
- Accurate postings of cash receipts and reconciling outstanding account balances
Responsible for collection activities including sending follow-up inquiries
- Accounting Clerk Prepare and submit Customer Statements on a monthly basis
- Support and maintain a team environment
- Other duties and projects as assigned by AR Lead or Controller
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are required
- Matching, coding, entry of A/ P invoices,
- Prepare weekly check run and initiating active pay with our bank.
- Audit expense reports for proper approval and to ensure compliance with Kinedyne’s expense reimbursement policy
- Maintain vendor records and files such as obtaining W-9’s, 1099 status, addresses
- Special projects and analysis as requested.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Initiate EDI freight invoices on a daily basis, escalating kick-out issues to Logistics Manager timely
- Weekly and accurate filing of AP checks
- Ensure all approved and coded supplier invoices are entered into AP daily