IXL Learning: Science Software Engineer – San Mateo, CA
As a Science Software Engineer at IXL, you’ll be working on a novel and challenging programming problems that will require creative thinking. The foundation of IXL is our ability to generate excellent questions and explanations algorithmically. You will own your projects from start to end as they travel through IXL’s fast-paced development cycle. Your code will make the science questions we are currently developing for our millions of student users who are currently in 190 countries.
- 1+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in Java or another object-oriented language
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with a small team
- Passion for improving education through technology
- Write the code modules and supporting libraries to generate and display engaging and interactive science problems
- Be involved in all aspects of the development process, including design, coding, testing, debugging, and tuning
- Work closely with product designers and other teams to create the best questions for our users
IXL Learning is an educational technology company that delivers an immersive learning experience — for all students, in all grades, in math, English language arts, science, and social studies. With one in 10 students already using IXL in the U.S., and over 20 billion questions asked and answered around the world, IXL is helping schools successfully use technology to improve teaching and learning.
Job Title Science Software Engineer
Location San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer Salary –