Ilearn Schools: Elementary Classroom Teacher (3rd Grade) – Elmwood Park, NJ
Elementary Classroom Teacher (3rd Grade) Position Purpose
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
- NJ State Certification as an Elementary Teacher
- NJ State Certification in the appropriate grade level preferred.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree in related area preferred.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus.
- Develops and administers elementary school curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the c school system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement, and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within a grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintain inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving school transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in agreement with District testing programs.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every job or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation concerning performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Title: Elementary Classroom Teacher (3rd Grade)
Job Area: Elementary Teacher
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Employer: ilearn Schools, Inc
PLEASE NOTE: If you are Elementary (K-5 or K-6) Certified, our schools departmentalize fourth grade and up, so please select your preference of either K-3 or one of the Middle School Teacher – Grades 4 & 5 Content Areas (ELA, Math, Science, or Social Studies).