Financial Accounting Analyst job in The Walt Disney Studios – Glendale, CA
Financial Accounting Analyst job it’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration, and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Financial Accounting Analyst Responsibilities:
- Prepare and record merchandise sales journal entries
- Calculate, record and initiate theatre and producer commission payments
- Calculate, record and co-ordinate payment to talent based on licensee statements and the agreements with the participating talent
- Calculate, record and co-ordinate payment of sale taxes
- Prepare and Record all quarterly accruals for Stage Plays merchandise and Muppets
- Preparation of quarter-end financial statements & variance explanations
- Prepare monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations, including aging of the accounts
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
Financial Accounting Analyst Job Description
- Studio Controllership is dedicated to providing high-quality information and services to our business partners. We support their decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We will promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
- Reporting to the Manager of Stage Plays Accounting the Financial Accounting Analyst will be responsible for various key functions that support the day to day accounting, quarter close and year-end close processes including but not limited to the analysis and recording of weekly merchandise sales, analysis of key accounting accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, and the preparation of quarterly management reporting. The FAA will be responsible for the calculation, analysis, and recording of the various accruals and timely and accurate reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. In addition, the FAA will be responsible for preparing, analyzing and presenting merchandise quarterly variances to finance.
Financial Accounting Analyst Qualifications
- Minimum 1-3 years accounting experience
- Strong excel skills including ability to organize/analyze large amounts of data
- SAP experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills coupled with ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to succeed in team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
To apply Financial Accounting Analyst Job >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=a55144a49d2f7503