Ernest Health, Inc.: Director of Nursing Operations – Johnstown, CO
This Director of Nursing Operations position is responsible for managing nursing operations on a twenty-four-hour basis, including high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care, managing nursing personnel, and developing and implementing approved department projects and goals. The DNO is responsible for the nursing department’s role in the coordination, implementation, and maintenance of the care plan to maximize patient outcomes.
The Director of Nursing Operations is also responsible for the operational and financial management of the nursing department, identification and implementation of best clinical practice standards, to provide leadership to people and processes, to ensure and participate in education and development of clinical staff, and educate to and observe environment of care standards, as well as all other objectives of the Nursing Department. The Director of Nursing Operations ensures compliance with policies, procedures, and standards of care. The DNO is a member of the hospital Governing Body.
ABOUT OUR SEARCH
The Northern Colorado Rehabilitation Hospital is currently seeking an experienced Director of Nursing Operations (FT). Make a direct difference today by joining our team of dedicated professionals working together to attain a common goal – great patient care! Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(K), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and ETO (Earned Time Off). Competitive wages and benefits await you!
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum Work Experience: 3-5 years of nursing management experience is required; experience in a hospital nurse management position preferred.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Colorado has required as well as a current CPR certification.
- Required Skills/Knowledge/Ability
- Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, clinical expertise, and appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply leadership skills in order to drive the “ Guiding Principles”
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills; ability to organize and delegate to appropriate staff; and responds to urgent or emergent situations.
- Evaluates and manages nursing costs by daily reviewing the Nursing Productivity Report for trends. This includes the goal to eliminate contract labor.
- Manages nursing services in conjunction with members of the interdisciplinary team to create a Plan of Care that facilitates positive patient outcomes.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
Our Northern Colorado Rehabilitation Facility, designed solely for the provision of specialized rehabilitative care, is the only freestanding acute rehabilitation hospital serving northern Colorado. Since opening its doors in 2005, our hospital has been rated in the top 10% of all inpatient rehab facilities in the United Stated for 9 consecutive years! Through our inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, we are able to utilize our unique design and responsive environment to help patients recover quickly and return home with a renewed sense of self-sufficiency.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Ernest Health owns and operates community-based acute rehabilitation and long-term acute care facilities in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Montana, New Mexico, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We are dedicated to providing high quality, cost-effective physical medicine, and rehabilitation services to promote the recovery of individuals who have functional deficits resulting from injury or illness as well as those with chronic or complex medical conditions. We promote a healing and nurturing environment at each of our facilities, responding to the medical, physical, psychological and social needs of our patients.
Job Title Director of Nursing Operations
Location Johnstown, CO
Company Ernest Health, Inc.