Software Engineer Senior Manager I-1008VBSC
Dell is currently reclassifying all job titles and classifications as part of a global career structure project. All jobs are subject to change. If you are selected to proceed in the hiring process, Dell’s recruiters will be able to provide information about any applicable changes to the job and/or the job title for which you applied.
Globally directs the activities of a software development function for software application enhancements and new products. Manages a group responsible for the design and/or development of software for platforms, peripherals, applications, diagnostics, or tools using a range of applicable technologies (e.g., programming languages, compilers, assemblers and other tools) and state-of-the-art software engineering methodologies. Oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of computer programs with internal and external partners.
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Oversees the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Manages a team responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, maintenance, documentation, sustaining, and support of software.
- Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks, and prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Interacts with project managers, marketing, sales, procurement, quality, legal, and end-users to define application requirements and/or selection or partners.
- Knowledge of the PRP, EDP and System Test Process.
- Able to apply Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies in a cost-effective manner, to bring high-quality products to market on time.
- Understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products and competitor’s offerings. Ability to analyze options for critical design elements and features, and determines optimum selection
- Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, tech plans and documentation
- Understanding of software engineering processes and methodologies
- Executive communications
- Advanced negotiation
- Identification and initiation of required change
- Undergraduate degree and 10+ years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 8+ years relevant experience.
To apply : http://tinyurl.com/2g29xrl
To more Software Engineer Jobs please CLICK HIRE