Cerner Corporation: Software Engineer – New Concord, OH
The Software Engineer is assigned to a specific software solution and is responsible for writing code to meet user specifications. Responsibilities also include defining user needs, providing input to functional design, testing and troubleshooting. This particular role will be based in New Concord, Ohio and will focus on the PowerChart LTC and CareTracker solutions.
A leader in the Assisted Living and Long-Term Care industries, Cerner Extended Care provides innovative solutions that reduce paperwork, offer centralized patient information through EHR, accelerate third-party reimbursement and share information between the assisted living/long-term care settings and other providers. Cerner’s Long Term Care solutions provide accessibility and depth so providers can ensure optimized care and reimbursement through easy access to the complete chart and optimized transitions of care. Cerner’s solutions in the marketplace include Power Chart – LTC, MDS Intelligence, and the industry’s leading point-of-care solution, CareTracker.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (C.S.), Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or other IT related field
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, specifically Visual Basic.NET (VB.NET), C#
- Experience with SQL or other relational database management system
- HTML5 is strongly preferred
- Strong witting and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment; knowledge of and experience working in an Agile development shop is strongly preferred (we move fast!)
- Live in or be willing to relocate to the New Concord, Ohio area (includes Zanesville and Columbus, Ohio)
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Windows Forms and ASP.NET
- Experience with .Net Web Services and/or Rest Services
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: MCTS Web Applications, MCTS Windows
- Applications, MCTS SQL, MCTIP SQL
- Experience with Millennium and/or PowerChart Integration services
- Experience with HL7
- Experience with Cerner Command Language (CCL) or Cerner Mpage development
- Experience with clinical applications in a Hospital or Nursing Home setting
Be a part of something that matters. Something that affects every single person, every single day—people’s health and the care they receive. Cerner has a revolutionary vision for health care, from the cloud to the desktop, we design, develop and deploy technology that will bring health care into the 21st century. We provide solutions for single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed by over 14,000 health care venues around the world.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is possible for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
About Cerner Corporation
We are innovators. What will you create with us?
At Cerner, we innovate at the intersection of technology, health, and care to transform how health care is delivered. For us, it’s more than just innovation for the sake of innovation, and transformation is about more than change. It’s about being a part of something bigger than yourself – about impacting the future and communities all over the world.
Our smarter solutions are setting a new trajectory for the way health care is delivered – through applications, so advanced, physicians and providers don’t even have to think about them. Instead, they can focus on what actually matters – saving and improving patient lives.
We create the technologies that connect people and systems at more than 10,000 facilities around the globe. No matter the size or location of the organization, our systems and services are helping to solve the world’s most complex health care solutions now and in the future.
It’s a promise today for an even better tomorrow. Make the most of your best at Cerner.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: New Concord, OH
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes – Domestic/Regional