Bookeeper in Seattle, WA for Bon Appétit Management Company
Prioritize and multi-task to ensure that all time constraints are followed. The Bookeeper for Bon Appétit Management Company in the Seattle district will assist in meeting financial requirements as outlined in the company’s Accounting Manual. Well organized and have attention to detail with the focus to do data entry and input of accounting information into the system that include revenues, inventory, and expenses. Have great customer service and demonstrate being courteous and helpful to the client, customers, and team members.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A four-year degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- A two-year degree in Accounting or Business Administration with 2 years of work experience.
- In lieu of a degree, 3-5 years of accounting experience with training in bookkeeping/accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years in accounts receivable and payable.
- Proficient with 10-key.
- Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Have math skills – add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to communicate clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, guests, and client.
- Computer skills in Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and ability to use internal company systems.
- Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Ability to use the STAFF time clock system properly and record worked hours for processing.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Accounting Certification is a plus.
POSITION OBJECTIVES: In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact with good customer service with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work productively, communicate and coordinate work efforts with everyone.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks/cash to substantiate business transactions; controls and disburses petty cash according to company policies.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received, disbursed, and deposited. Transfers totals to computer spreadsheets and into an accounting system.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, the cost of lost or damaged goods, rentals, and similar items; prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records and reviews for accuracy.
- Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date; codes and inputs data (e.g., payable invoices, Farm to Fork coding, inventories, cash collections) for forwarding to the corporate office and inclusion in the company’s financial reports.
- Input payables, BAMCO adjustments, inventory ending values and other transfers into the accounting system.
- Run calculator tapes to balance all the expenses to the reports.
- General office duties include filing, maintaining, organizing, dispatching, mail distribution, correspondence.
- Assist Daily Safe reconciliation and weekly with Operation Manager or Office Manager.
- Handles weekly preliminary closing, reviewing operating statements and post final accounting procedures.
- Communicate accurately, honestly and in a timely manner with clients, vendors, and accounting departments.
- Taking incoming calls and support managers ensuring that all guests and staff are treated with care and respect.
- Performs special financial or office projects as assigned by managers.
- Input and upload confidential employee new hires status changes.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.