ARG: Office Manager as Bookeeper – Hartford, CT
The office manager/Bookeeper is the coordinator of the work system. An office manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling the clerical aspect of the organization, including the preparation, communication, coordination and storage of data to support production and other important operations of an industrial establishment. Often they also engage in marketing. Also, their tasks are to monitor the work processes and to evaluate the outcome. The outcomes of a work are intended for what can be called the final receiving system, instance, client, customer, and other departments.
Bookeeper Job Description:
- Reporting to the Controller.
- The position is responsible for Bookkeeping/financial functions for various family-related companies and philanthropic activities.
- In addition, the Administrator will assist the principals with organizing various businesses and scheduling matters.
- The ideal candidate will have a high level of initiative, well-developed organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities and to learn and accept new challenges with a high level of responsibility and positive can-do attitude.
- BS in Accounting, Business or related field is required
- Proficient QuickBooks 2014, Word and Excel
- 3 yrs+ experience in a bookkeeping/office manager role
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills and high competency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to create financial statements
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to the family office principals
- Compile and analyze financial information/reports on a regular basis
- Act as contact for accountant, banking, financial, property insurance and various consultants for multiple companies
- Review, maintain and monitor stock portfolio monthly statements for family members
- Provide all data to the company and accountants in a preparation for tax returns
- Maintain files on all entities, annual filings, operating agreements and amendments
- Responsible for creating spreadsheets on request
- Responsible for tenants – leasing, tenant issues, rent collection, all activities related to all owned properties.
ARG Recruiting Group (ARG) has been a trendsetter in the recruiting and staffing industry since 1998. Our innovative Agent Recruiting® model has transformed recruiting and staffing solutions for the next generation of businesses and candidates. We accomplished this by fusing a streamlined cooperative methodology with the most experienced team of recruiting and staffing consultants encouraged by state of the art technology.
Our Agent Recruiters are handpicked and considered the best in the industry. Our recruiting philosophy is founded on the practice that Integrity, Expertise, Dedication and Confidentiality will translate into a winning solution for both companies and candidates. ARG has built a strong reputation on these principles and we believe there are no shortcuts to building a mutually beneficial long-term business relationship.
We understand that the foundation of a good candidate or career search is rooted in the experience, knowledge and professionalism of the recruiter you’ve entrusted. Contact one of our specialized consultants today and see why ARG is the trusted leader in recruiting and staffing solutions. It’s time you discovered ARG.