Accountant job Description:
Under the direction of the Supervisor General Accounting, the Accountant II is responsible for various monthly closing duties, which include journal entry preparation, account analysis, and financial statement preparation and preparation of statutorily required reports.
The Accountant II will become familiar with the TMHS corporate structure and its system of internal control. The Accountant lI will be needed to interface with various System departments including Information Technology, Internal Audit, Employee Benefits, Accounts Payable, Treasury Management Services and Payroll, Risk Management and Legal Services.
Position requires interface with external auditors to assist with information requests.
ACCOUNTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Maintain assigned general ledger accounts through monthly reconciliation.
- Review and analyze general ledger accounts to as assigned. Investigate variances and provide concisely written explanations. Prepare to adjust journal entries as necessary.
- Prepare assigned monthly financial statements and ensure accuracy before forwarding for review.
- Assist departments in explanation of actual operating results.
- Assist in preparing for external audits through the preparation of audit schedules.
- Assist Supervisor with information requests from other departments.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Assist in identifying ways to streamline workload and in documenting departmental procedures and interfaces with other departments.
- Prepare statutorily required reports, as assigned.
- Make key operating indicator scorecards of individual volume statistics and business office indicators.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
The department is responsible for the preparation of financial statements for eleven (11) corporations, and for all companies on a combined basis. TMHS combined assets and annual operating expenses total approximately $3.5 billion and $1.2 billion respectively.
The departmental expense budget is approximate $1.0 million.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting required. CPA candidate
- Two or more years accounting experience directly related to account analysis and journal entry preparation.
- Must have a working knowledge of mainframe general ledger applications. Must be proficient in the use of various personal computer based spreadsheet and word processing software applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.). Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Teachers Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.