UTD Software Engineering – The Computer Science Department offers a BS degree in Computer Science and a BS degree in Software Engineering. Both are based on a solid foundation of mathematics, including calculus, linear algebra, and discrete mathematics.
The Jonsson School’s graduate program in software engineering ranks 3rd in the nation based on renowned faculty members’ research productivity and hi-tech infrastructure.
As a result, the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science at UT Dallas has chosen Fullstack Academy to power new tech boot camps with working professionals in …
We are available by email and by appointment scheduled through Microsoft Bookings (please see the advisor page for individual links). All virtual appointments will be held using Microsoft Teams.
Web Specialist – the University of Texas at Dallas – Richardson, TX
The Web Specialist will design, develop, author, and manage complex websites for the Office of Institutional Success and Decision Support (OISDS) and Web Applications and Technology (WAT) and Programs, Accreditation, and Assessment (PAA) teams. They will also configure and operate applications managed by WAT. This position will report to the Web Coordinator on the WAT team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborating with team members and customers to deliver optimized solutions
- Accepting and providing thoughtful, respectful, constructive criticism
- Optimizing websites and applications for accessibility standards (WCAG2)
- Optimizing websites for SEO to improve visibility and ranking in search results
- Testing and debugging websites to ensure they are free of errors and function as intended
- Providing technical support and assistance to users and troubleshooting any issues or problems that they may encounter
Minimum Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in a related field and two (2) years of website authoring and maintenance experience
- The equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and four (4) years of website authoring and maintenance experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining the functionality of a website using programming languages such as PHP and Python.
- Self-starter is able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple objectives simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to think critically and take initiative.
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to express ideas effectively and professionally via written platforms.
Salary $52,000 a year
<<< To Apply Web Specialist – University of Texas at Dallas >>>
To learn more about UTD Software Engineering, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.