We’ve identified seven states where the typical salary for a Travel Nurse job is above the national average. Topping the list is New York, with New Hampshire and Wyoming close behind in second and third. Wyoming beats the national average by 6.0%, and New York furthers that trend with another $18,942 (17.4%) above the $99,202.
For example, you could take any of the following strategies to earn an even higher travel nursing salary:
- Get additional training for an in-demand specialty. Typically, you will be responsible for any costs incurred for adding…
- Sign up for rapid response posting. This is when a travel nursing agency will post a position that requires a very fast…
For example, one survey of nurses who had found travel nursing positions using a popular employment site found that the average weekly wage of a travel nurse is $1,698 per week, which is approximately $88,400 per year. Keep in mind, though, that many travel nurses work different travel positions over the course of the year, so that figure can fluctuate based on the job’s conditions.
Salary for Different Types of Travel Nurses Not all travel nurses perform the same duties and as such the salary will differ. For instance, a travel nurse practitioner is the highest paid with an average annual salary of $107,540 per year, while an LPN travel nurse may earn less than half that with an average salary of $47,980 per year.
Last year, a Travel RN earned a gross average weekly salary of $1,716 per week working an average of 36 hours per week. This includes non-taxable compensation like living stipends, meal stipends, and housing which add up to an average value of $1,388 per week.
For example, this is a travel nurse job in Glendale salary $2,076 a week
Travel Nurse Full Job Description
The Estimated Weekly Total is based on working the listed number of hours per week and includes available stipend amounts; eligibility may vary subject to company policy and applicable law. Please contact a recruiter for full details.
Certified Nursing Assistant – CNA – Travel Nurse Job
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated travel CNA to join our growing team of healthcare professionals.
Certified Nursing Assistant Qualifications:
- Active CNA license in a specified state
- CNA degree from an accredited program
- Two years of recent experience as a CNA
- Evidence of BLS and other credentials as required by health care organization
Certified Nursing Assistant Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide patients’ personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assist with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provide for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulate, turn, and position patients; provide fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Clean and sanitize patient areas
- Change bed sheets and restock rooms with necessary supplies
- Maintain patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; test urine; record intake and output information.
- Provide patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transport patients; answering patients’ call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to a nursing supervisor.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintain work operations by following policies and procedures.
- Protect the organization’s value by keep patient information confidential.
- Serve and protect the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission standards.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintain licensure.
- Enhance the nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Benefits of Being a Fastaff® Travel Nursing Employee
- Premium pay
- Prestigious facilities
- Flexible scheduling
- Immediate access to the industry’s best RN recruiters and healthcare facilities
- Fastaff will provide costs for housing during the length of your assignment, as well as airfare or mileage to and from the city of the assignment at the start and end of the assignment.
- Group health insurance benefits
- $10,000 Company-paid Life/ADD Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
<<< To Apply Travel Nursing >>>
To more Travel Nursing Salary, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.