Tax Accountant POSITION SUMMARY
The incumbent will work closely with Tax Manager and Controller to complete Company tax objectives and compliance requirements.
Tax Accountant ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist Tax Manager with the preparation and filing of the federal and state income consolidated/combined tax returns including preparation of work papers and maintenance of tax return software.
- Assist Tax Manager with the quarterly and annual tax provisions including preparation of work papers and maintenance of tax provision software.
- Assist Tax Manager with Company tax projections.
- Assist Tax Manager with the preparation and filing of property tax returns.
- Assist Tax Manager with applying for federal and state tax grants, abatements and credits including all following filing requirements.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining tax calendar.
- Responsible for maintaining federal and state tax depreciation including work papers and tax reduction software.
- Perform tax research as needed.
- Assist Tax Manager with special projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working in tax environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of the Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to work with a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for extended periods of time of time.
- The position requires sitting 90% of the time.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Tax Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.