Student Loan Forgiveness For Nurses – UM Nurse Consultant
Nurses saddled with student loan debt can apply to state loan forgiveness programs. While guidelines and award amounts vary by state, generally nurses need to be U.S. citizens and hold a valid state license. States like California require nurses to work full-time for two years or part-time for four years.
Student Loan Forgiveness for Nurses: Guide for 2023. Qualified full-time nurses may receive up to 50% in student loan repayment, up to $35,000 per year. Part-time nurses who meet program qualifications may receive up …
If you enlist in active duty or the Army Reserve, you can receive up to $250,000 in student loan forgiveness for nurses, paid directly to your lender.
How much do nurses get for student loans? If they agree to enlist in the U.S. Army Nurse Corps and complete at least three years of service, nurses can receive up to $120,000 in funding to repay their student loans.
How much can an army nurse receive for student loans? Candidates who meet the requirements can receive $40,000 per year over three years to repay student loans. Army nurses can also receive benefits, salaries, and housing allowances.
How Does Federal Student Loan Forgiveness for Nurses Work?
Federal student loan forgiveness programs are for only federal student loans. If you work in a qualifying profession or for an eligible employer for a set period of time, the U.S. Department of Education will forgive some or all of your remaining federal loans. The balance of your loans is discharged, and you no longer have to make any payments.
Alternatives to Student Loan Forgiveness for Nurses
- Enroll in an Income-Driven Repayment Plan
- Refinance Your Student Loans
UM Nurse Consultant – CVS Health – Florida
Full Job Description
100% remote position from anywhere in the U.S.
Work hours: 11:30 am-8:00 pm eastern time shift for at least the first 6-9 months post-completion of the orientation period.
Work in clinical telephone queue working with providers to secure additional information for prior authorization review
- Weekend/holiday coverage will occasionally be required
- This candidate will utilize clinical skills to coordinate, document, and communicate all aspects of the utilization/benefit management program.
- Utilizes clinical experience and skills in a collaborative process to assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate options to facilitate appropriate healthcare services/benefits for members
- Gathers clinical information and applies the appropriate clinical criteria/guideline, policy, procedure, and clinical judgment to render determination/recommendation along the continuum of care
- Communicates with providers and other parties to facilitate care/treatment
- Identifies members for referral opportunities to integrate with other products, services, and/or programs Identifies opportunities to promote quality effectiveness of healthcare services and benefit utilization
Consults and lends expertise to other internal and external constituents in the coordination and administration of the utilization/benefit management function.
3+ years of clinical experience required
RN with current unrestricted state licensure required
1+ years of Managed Care or Utilization Management experience preferred
1+ years of demonstrated experience working in a high-volume clinical call center environment
Salary: $58,760 – $125,840 a year
Job Type: Remote
<<< To Apply UM Nurse Consultant – CVS Health – Florida >>>
To learn more about Student Loan Forgiveness for Nurses, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.