Here are some typical duties and responsibilities of a Staff Accountant. Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance. Prepare and file tax returns. Enter accounting-related information into business logs. Inspect account books for efficiency and accuracy. Organize and update financial records
The staff accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation. You will also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and responding to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
Responsibilities for Staff Accountant. Review financial statements, expenses, and previous tax return to identify the best strategy for organizing and monitoring. Present quarterly and yearly financial reports to management. Perform general bookkeeping and organize financial forms, documents, and receipts.
What does a Staff Accountant do? Staff Accountants prepare and review financial documents, reports, and statements. They oversee all accounting procedures (e.g. tax returns, month-end closures, budgeting) and advise on general financial matters. Staff Accountant duties include: Managing financial reports, records, and accounts; Conducting billing processes (e.g. tax, revenue)
What is the job description of a staff accountant?
Job Description of Staff Accountants. Staff accountants perform their duties while being supervised by a certified public accountant (CPA), director, or controller. They are responsible for the provision of general ledgers, records, and financial reports, the preparation and analysis of budgets, and the performance of general bookkeeping.
How do you become a staff accountant?
Most employers require staff accountants to hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. Coursework varies, depending on the school.
What qualifications does a staff accountant need?
The Degree Needed to Become a Staff Accountant
Bachelor’s Degree. Most employers require staff accountants to hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports.
Master’s Degree. A master’s degree is not usually a prerequisite for the job, but it can give you the edge over the competition.
Staff Accountant Jobs in kcare
KCare is looking for a staff accountant who is ready to accelerate their career while making a lasting social impact. This position will report directly to the VP of Finance and Operations and assist with our entire financial operations.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end accounting close activities as assigned, such as bank reconciliations, fixed assets, prepaid, accrued liability, other balance sheet reconciliations, revenue recognition, and preparation of journal entries.
- Assist in maintaining the operating expenses of the company by recording transactions and processing vendor payments, including the oversight of corporate credit cards and employee reimbursements.
- Ensure accurate and timely invoicing of customers across all product lines and manage a timely and efficient collection of customer accounts.
- First in line to answer customer emails related to invoicing and payment.
- Process and record customer payments via check, credit card, and ACH.
- Participate in the annual audit. Prepare audit schedules, roll-forwards, and pull audit samples.
- Special projects, reports, and analyses on an ad-hoc basis as assigned by the VP of Finance and Operations.
Staff Accountant Experience:
- 1- 2 years general accounting experience including general ledger and month-end close responsibilities or relevant public accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or business.
- Excellent excel skills, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexible; willing to tackle any problem no matter how great or how small.
- Comfortable working in a high-growth start-up environment.
- Familiarity with Intacct or QuickBooks Online is a plus.
Location: Remote (option to work in Walnut Creek, CA or Austin, TX offices).
Other Benefits: 401k matching, medical and dental healthcare coverage, FSA, mobile phone stipend, discretionary PTO, flexible working schedule, and location.
Culture: Fast-paced, highly mission-driven atmosphere.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or marital status.
<<< To apply for Staff Accountant Jobs in Kcare >>>
To more Staff Accountant Jobs, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.