Software engineers create many types of solutions such as desktop and web applications, mobile apps, games, robots, operating systems, network systems, etc. They do so using programming languages, frameworks, databases, servers and other technologies to turn an idea into a final product. In North America, SGS has over 6,000 employees in over 30 locations. We are a growing organization and we are looking for someone who wants to build a career. Our Automotive Services division is currently seeking a Software Engineer.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, we employ over 59,000 people and operate a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Full lifecycle application development
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Software modeling and simulation
- Front end graphical user interface design
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Participate in team and client meetings effectively.
- Participate in regular status meetings with the project team.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Experience with C#, C++, NET, HTML, SOAP, XML, ASP, SQL Server
- Must have BS in Computer Science or related field coupled with a minimum of 5 years experience in IT as a Software Developer (of which at least 3 years experience is in Microsoft .NET)
- Must be willing and able to travel to other SGS locations and customer sites.
- Must have a good understanding of IT development and Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC). This includes planning, implementation, testing, documentation, release and maintenance, development models, and process improvement).
- Prior experience working as part of a development team on a large project is a plus.
- Must have experience in gathering customer requirements and Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
- SGS offers a full benefits package.
- Must successfully pass a drug test and background check.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.