Software Developer Engineer (Artifact) at Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
A Software Developer Engineer is a person concerned with facets of the software development process. In short, developers “make software for the world to use.” Their work includes researching, designing, implementing, and testing software.
Artifact Team is growing and launching new tools and initiatives. Come join a creative team of software developers dedicated to writing code that works at Amazon scale, mentoring junior developers, and understanding and improving our agile processes to help us evolve a vision of compliance and security at AWS.
Full Job Description Software Developer Engineer
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Operational experience with responsibility for system reliability and uptime.
A software developer may take part in the design, computer programming, or software project management. They may contribute to the overview of the project on the application level rather than component-level or individual programming tasks. Software developers are often still guided by lead programmers but the description also encompasses freelance software developers.
This team is a great fit for you if…
- You like to write high-quality code with thorough test coverage as you mentor new developers so they can learn from your CRs.
- You realize that making software work is just the start and you value talking about cattle-vs-pets, continuous resiliency, and capacity testing.
- You truly care about designing highly available, secure, distributed systems of microservices, then you will make them even better by consulting with peers and technical leaders.
- You like to work on Agile projects that have high visibility while making continuous improvements to planning, design, implementation, testing, and operations processes.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Remote Work Options Available
We value your time to innovate and recognize the need for heads-down time to focus on a build. We also value in-person collaboration and time spent face-to-face. Our team affords engineers with options to work in the office every day or work remotely in a flexible hybrid schedule.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Understanding of security and compliance principles and best practices
- Front-end/design experience is a plus
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
<<< To apply Software Developer Engineer, Artifact >>>
To more Software Developer Engineers, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.