Mac Software Engineer – Location: Austin, TX
Smith Micro Software, Inc., develops and markets mobile software products and services and an extensive line of PC software products for business & home markets. Bringing together innovative solutions from mobile connectivity to managing media content mobility to advancing mobile software management, Smith Micro products enrich the experience people have with their computer systems, mobile devices and wireless networks. Our knowledge spans 25 years of design, creation and engineering for hardware and software products, and we have shipped over 100 million copies of our QuickLink family of products to our customers worldwide.
Headquartered in Southern California, Smith Micro operates offices throughout North America as well as maintaining an international presence in Europe and Asia. Smith Micro’s complete lines of products are available through leading mobile operators, device and PC manufacturers, national retail storefronts and direct from its websites.
- Design, prototype, implement and troubleshoot connection managers application features;
- Work as an integral member of a team making important individual contributions
- Estimate schedules for tasks and complete them on time, adhering to specification and high quality standards
- Work closely with QA department in testing, test automation and problem resolution
- Provide input to technical writers and review documentation of new features
- Use the bug tracking database to look at task assignments and completing task assignments;
- Maintain existing codebase and expanding existing codebase where needed;
- Ported libraries from windows codebase to frameworks for use in the Mac product.
- 3+ years of experience on Macintosh, Windows, Linux and/or Android platforms
- Experience with Macintosh system frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team – must be an effective team player
- Ability and willing to work remotely with other team members
- Experienced with the entire software development cycle
- Experience working with a source code control tool – preferably Subversion
- Excellent C/C++/Objective C programming experience
- Experience working with xCode
- Experience working with Cocoa
- Experience working with networking devices on Mac OS
- Experience with application development on Mac (not web application development)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Travel 25%
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Work well independently and with very little supervision
- 5+ years of experience on Macintosh
- Detailed knowledge of Mac OS and Linux Driver models
- Experience working with networking devices on Linux and/or Android
- Experience with MFC/C++ on the MS Windows platforms
- Experience with cross-platform programming
Please refer to LG-MSWENG-TX in the subject line.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com.