Sheridan Memorial Hospital: Clinical Educator – Wyoming
Clinical Educator Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, instructing and evaluating clinical nursing electronic medical record (EMR) education for newly hired nursing staff as well as current nursing staff in annual ongoing education and competencies. Serves as an expert clinical EMR nurse resource, coach, and mentor to clinical staff. Consults with clinical staff, physicians, Quality Service Department and nurse managers to assess educational/training needs. Utilizes knowledge of adult learning theories and methodologies. Compiles educational reports and trends data. Coordinates and manages the online learning systems used by SMH.
- Current unrestricted Wyoming Registered Nurse license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required; Masters in related field preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in an educator role highly preferred.
- Minimum 5-6 years acute care nursing experience (in any discipline).
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with an electronic medical record
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist Nurse Managers/Nursing Leadership Team and learners in the assessment of EMR educational needs and identification of outcomes.
- Conducts EMR learning needs assessments for various learner abilities using a variety of strategic tools.
- Incorporates principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of education programs.
- Clinical Educator Adjusts content and teaching strategies appropriate to learner needs and abilities.
- Develops/Coordinates/Instructs/Evaluates clinical orientation EMR programs for new nursing staff to the organization.
- Develops/coordinates/instructs education plans related to initial and ongoing EMR competency validation.
- Delivers competence-based programs for nursing staff with a focus upon improvement of skills and retention of knowledge.
- Plans prepares and maintains materials for use in educational programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience.
Additional Skills of Clinical Educator Job
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer knowledge, including word processing, graphics, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledgeable of basic research and nursing theory.
- Ability to operate equipment: projectors, audiovisual equipment, cameras, patient care equipment etc.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning theories.
Job Title Clinical Educator – EMR
Category Nurse Educator – Registered Nurse
Location Sheridan Memorial Hospital – Nursing Education
Schedule Full Time
<<< To apply >>>
To more Nurse Jobs, please CLICK HIRE