Are you our next Senior Tax Accountant – Indirect Taxes?
We are currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant – Indirect Taxes for our FishHawk, FL location. The Senior Tax Accountant – Indirect Taxes will be responsible for the timely and accurate filing of state, county and local tax filings for sales and use taxes, and other indirect taxes as necessary, primarily in the Phosphates business unit located in FishHawk, FL. This person will serve as a point of contact between Phosphates Finance and the Corporate Tax department based in Plymouth, MN and will work with the Director, Tax Compliance to coordinate compliance, planning, and projects. Additional responsibilities will include managing sales and use tax audits, managing related accruals and internal controls for the state, county and local taxes in Phosphates and other business units as needed, as well as establishing and coordinating an internal sales tax training program.
What will you do?
- Manage the monthly/quarterly accruals and internal controls for the state, county and local taxes for Phosphates and other business units as required.
- Lead the monthly/quarterly/annual state, county and local tax payments and filings (sales/use and other indirect taxes), including audits, refunds, and dispute resolutions
- Perform research and planning on emerging tax issues
- Establish and coordinate internal sales tax training program for operations, maintenance, procurement, and finance personnel to drive cost-savings behavior in Phosphates and other business units
- Coordination of special projects and strategic planning
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Accounting/Finance preferred
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 4+ years public accounting, government accounting and/or company accounting experience with a focus on Florida indirect taxes (e.g. sales & use taxes, property taxes, etc.)
- Candidate with experience in a commodity manufacturing industry is preferred
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to coordinate complex activities among diverse departments
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize tasks
- Willing to take risks and be innovative
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Tax Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.