Prescient is seeking a Staff Accountant will handle full cycle accounting and finance including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Contract Billings, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, general ledger accounting, month-end close, account reconciliations, financial reporting.
The ideal candidate will fit into an entrepreneurial environment and be a big picture, strategic thinker with an ability to continuously improve processes and build on the accounting function as the company continues to grow. The right candidate for this position must be a hands-on leader with an ability to grow as the company grows. This position will report to the Prescient Controller.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited University
- Must have three – five (3-5) years of progressive accounting experience including at least two (2) years with a Government Contractor.
- Experience with Accounts Payable, Payroll, A/R, Contract Billings, Revenue Recognition, and Revenue Analysis.
- Strong General Ledger and reconciliation experience.
- Proficient experience using Deltek Costpoint.
- High attention to detail with excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Experience with DCAA and external audits.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
Clearance Level Required – Not required to start, must be able to obtain a clearance.
Salary – Competitive and commensurate with experience
Benefits – Competitive
Schedule – Full Time
- Complete overall responsibilities of the A/P, Payroll, A/R, Billings, General Ledger, Fixed Assets
Ownership of the month-end process – All required journal entries, review monthly financial statements, reconcile inter-company postings
- Oversee and analyze expense reports and expense reimbursement
- Prepare payrolls and oversee employee benefits plan, as well as ensure that the human resource policies are kept
- Prepare reports that effectively outline financial position of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and future operations
- Prepare, analyze and present results of various metrics-driven reports
- Participate in the budgeting, forecasting, and annual planning processes, and help develop long/short-term financial plans and annual budgets
- Cash forecasting and projections, bank reconciliations, and job costing
- Lead the annual financial audit
- Direct and manage the documentation of accounting policies and procedures and suggest improvement to current workflow
- Manage monthly, quarterly sales and use tax filings
- Review and approve as necessary accounting process ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Prepare year-end reporting and audit schedules
Prescient Edge is a Veteran-Owned Small Business in McLean, VA delivering full spectrum intelligence, technology, and security services to corporate, federal, and international clients. Our current work includes specialized intelligence contracts with the Federal government, as well as due diligence and investigative services for commercial clients. The Team is comprised of former US Military, Federal Law Enforcement, and Academic leaders, and our working environment is reflective of those top-tier professions.
To apply >>> Staff Accountant Jobs
To more Accountant Jobs >>> click hire