The Network Security Engineer is responsible for design, install, configure, support and maintain firewall and other network hardware and software infrastructure according to Performant standards and industry best practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention devices, switches and VPN concentrators within Performant Financial Corporation. The goal is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance and stability for critical applications and services.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of network routing/switching (VLANs, trunking, link aggregation, routing protocols, multicast, other LAN protocols).
- Functional understanding of diverse set of networked applications requiring perimeter management
- Extensive experience in configuration and administration of routing and security protocols (BGP, OSPF, IPSec, SSL).
- Deep knowledge and experience managing and troubleshooting network security.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, systems, or related, or combination of relevant education and experience
- 7+ years hands-on experience in the design, installation, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of multi-protocol networks
- Experience with Intrusion Detection and Prevention systems (Juniper IDP platform a plus)
- Palo Alto ACE and Palo Alto CNSE engineer certifications a plus.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products (experience with Juniper, or Cisco firewalls a plus).
- Experience working with HP, Cisco, and F5.
- Large enterprise experience with a significantly complex multi-site infrastructure.
- Design, install, configure, support and maintain firewall and other network hardware and software infrastructure according to Performant standards and industry best practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention devices, switches and VPN concentrators
- Ability to gather/document requirements and identify/recommend appropriate solutions
- Managed firewalls and load balancers, and other network systems and services
- Monitors network performance and implement performance tuning when necessary.
- Diagnose and manage complex network problems and coordinate resolution often under time constraints
- Participates in incident management, asset management, change management, project management, and continuous improvement of network environment
- Create and update documentation utilizing organizational standards to ensure retention and collaboration of knowledge
- Manage firewall/security systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Report firewall operational status by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks associated with complex projects.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- On-call rotation for after-hours and weekend support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practice.
- Provide periodic status reports and updates to management
To apply Network Security Engineer Job >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=d5ae88b95ca3aab1