Page Group: Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper – New York, NY
This Bookkeeper position is responsible for billing of federal, county and city grants and all other Agency supported grants and Management Services related accounts. Depositing of contract payments, cash contributions and other miscellaneous duties of the Billing Department.
This Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper is a temp-perm opportunity, and attractive hourly rate. Please make sure you are comfortable with the commute to Westchester.
- Prepare the reporting and invoicing for contracts. (HHS, DSS, HUD, OCFS, ACS). Submit reports and invoices by required deadlines
- Analyzes and evaluates contract and grant budgets for correct calculation of expenditure categories such as salaries, percent of effort, salary adjustment increases, fringe benefits, indirect costs, materials, equipment, etc.
- Provide contracts management by ensuring that all contracts are up to date, this includes but is not limited to contract applications/renewals, invoicing, monitoring, reporting, and communicating contract status.
- Acts as a backup in the processing of information for the Breakfast and Lunch Program then enters the information into the State Education Department Reimbursement database system for payment.
- Analyze and research disallowances to Contracts billed.
- Cross trained in all other grant vouchers processing to act as a backup.
- Supports the Management Services initiatives by billing and tracking grants and contracts for agencies under CV’s Management Services umbrella as assigned.
- Monitor and follow up on cash collection status for all contracts
- Bills and reconciles Discharge Grants
- Code all payments to the Grant/Contract cost centers
- Keep the Accounts Receivable Supervisor informed of all billing and expense issues related to the contracts.
- Assist in other areas of the Accounts Receivable department as needed.
- Meets regularly with Program staff and Development staff to share information to ensure timely, accurate billing of all budgeted funds.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- Our client is a well known Non-Profit organization, located in Westchester.
- Associate Degree and at least two years’ experience in the relevant field
- Knowledge of Federal, County and City Funding sources.
- Able to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines.
- Database management skills.
- Must have some experience with government online systems and reporting, HHS Accelerator a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel required
- Knowledge of general accounting and fiscal management principles.
Job Title: Accounts Receivable BookkeeperApply Online
Location: New York, NY
Company: Page Group New York
Job Type: Full Time, Temporary/Contract/Project
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Bookkeeper Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.