The Nurse Practitioner evaluates and medically manages patients in accordance with physician directives, medical bylaws, established protocols, and practice guidelines established by the Board of Medicine and the Board of Nursing. The incumbent performs duties and tasks in accordance with standards established for the job.
The incumbent may have access to highly confidential patient, employee and/or Mercy proprietary information, and must handle & protect the information in accordance with hospital & system policies, HIPAA requirements, and the highest level of ethical standards.
The incumbent is responsible for reporting all security events, potential events, or other security risks to the organization. The incumbent is responsible for participation in and completion of all patient safety initiatives appropriate to the position and conducts all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of Mercy Hospital.
- Account: Mercy Hospital
- Department: MMA WINDHAM PRIMARY CARE
- Schedule: Regular Part-time
- Shift: Day
- Hours: days
- Hours per Week: n/a
Nurse Practitioner Job Requirements:
- Must be certified or eligible for certification by the national certifying body appropriate to his/her clinical specialty, licensed as an RN by the State of Maine and have approval from the Board of Nursing to practice in the advanced role.
- All Physician Extenders: Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer required and ACLS is encouraged.
- A graduate of a School of Nursing prepared to practice in an advanced role.
- All Physician Extenders: Must participate in the medical staff credentialing process.
- Must abide by State and Federal laws.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as the incumbent relates to patients, their families and significant others, physicians, interdisciplinary staff, administrative, and ancillary support staff.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, gather data, determine and implement an appropriate solution with oversight by the physician.
- Must demonstrate judgment and initiate to operate during demanding situations: to treat patients in various age groups (as indicated above) and with varying health problems.
- The incumbent has access to highly confidential patient information.
- Must have a high degree of accountability of practice methods and results.
- Must show a willingness to pursue and expand the knowledge base in multiple aspects of medicine.
- Must be flexible with scheduling demands of the position.
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills and be proficient in medical terminology.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills encouraged.
About Mercy Hospital
The Scripps Research Institute is one of the world’s largest independent, non-profit biomedical research organizations. Scripps Research is internationally recognized for its discoveries in immunology, molecular and cellular biology, chemistry, neuroscience, and vaccine development, as well as for its insights into autoimmune, cardiovascular, and infectious disease. Headquartered in La Jolla, California, the institute also includes a campus in Jupiter, Florida, where scientists focus on drug discovery and technology development in addition to basic biomedical science. Scripps Research currently employs about 3,000 scientists, staff, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students on its two campuses. The institute’s graduate program, which awards Ph.D. degrees in biology and chemistry, is ranked among the top ten such programs in the nation.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Job Title NURSE PRACTITIONER
Location Windham, ME
To more Nursing Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.