The Society of Grownups Financial Planners are the Society’s in-house resource for financial advice and life planning, believing that there is a whole demographic of underserved people out there just waiting to be engaged in the right way, especially when it comes to financial literacy. Our community of Advisors will be the primary source of financial planning knowledge for members through drop-in and scheduled advising appointments, classes, and custom financial content for the space, blog, and social media. They are inspired by personal stories and client relationships, and believe that every individual’s values should drive their financial goals, no matter how different those values are from their own. Our Advisors believe in objective, individual financial advice that helps each member work toward their personal goals. And perhaps most importantly, they are the best brand advocates the Society has, offering top notch customer service and engaging with customers on their own terms.
- CFP Certification or a Series 65 license
- 3+ years of experience providing financial plans and advice directly to clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Personal Financial Planning, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Managemen
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required.
- For this position, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsor
- 1+ year experience with financial planning software, with content management software experience a plus
- As a subject matter expert on personal financial advice, work with the team to design, development, administer, implement and evolve learning programs to shape information to be taught, organizing it into logical instruction patterns that are appropriate for the SOG brand and account for all learning types (experience level, life stage, level of action desired, etc.)
- Deliver sound personal financial advice to SOG members, teach classes, lead events to inspire engaged and future SOG members, and work with writers and the Content Strategy Manager to produce custom financial content that may be featured on the website, blog, marketing materials, or in the space.
- Work closely with the financial advisor team and content strategy manager to develop the advice engine methodology, ensuring consistent financial experience for members/participants
- Provide financial advice that aligns with the Society’s mission, vision, values, and culture
- Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies
- Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
- Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources
- Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition
In the world of financial services, it’s working with an established, highly respected company based on demonstrated indications of quality and performance. Who you choose to work with matters. Consider Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company. Founded in 1851, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company is the center of the MassMutual Financial Group, a diversified financial service organization. Key subsidiaries include OppenheimerFunds, a leading mutual fund family; Babson Capital Management, a provider of investor services; and Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers, which offers real
estate equities. MassMutual has a broad portfolio of products and services including life insurance, mutual funds, money management, trust services, retirement planning products, worksite, annuities, disability insurance and long-term care insurance. MassMutual products are distributed through a nationwide network of trusted and knowledgeable financial professionals who think in terms of long-term commitment to meeting individual client’s needs. Since 1851, MassMutual has made business decisions based on customer needs. Our mutual structure, along with our long-term business approach, has helped keep us strong. This strength means we will be here when our customers need us most. Together, we help people secure their futures and protect the ones they love. MassMutual has maintained some of the highest financial strength ratings in any industry and is committed to maintaining a position of preeminent financial strength by achieving consistent, long-term profitable growth. In total, MassMutual’s worldwide insurance in-force was $547 billion at the end of 2013, and
assets under management were $ 639 billion, up 26% and reached its highest point in history. MassMutual is ranked 96 on the 2014 Fortune 500 list and was also named one of the Fortunes “Most Admired” companies
To apply >>> Financial Planner Career
To more Financial Advisor Jobs >>> Click Hire